Ten| Disobeying His Orders

Davina's POV

Chapter Ten!
Disobeying His Orders

Chapter Ten!Disobeying His Orders

——

"SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR LIFE." LORENZO'S WORDS ECHOED in my head. Were he truly prepared to hear how my mother became a drunken abusive woman. How my dearest, kindest father committed suicide after he couldn't handle the pain of mine and Axel's sisters death. I sat in my own thoughts for a while, until I heard a gulp of Lorenzo taking a sip of his drink reminding me of his presence.

Glancing up, he was already looking at me and glow of interest in his eyes. Sitting up straighter, clearing my throat I begun.

"I had a lovely older sister, her name was Delilah.  She were beautiful, family oriented, she loved me and Axel as if we were her children." I started off. "She used to braid my hair when our mother left early for work, and help me pick out outfits for those silly middle school dances." I smiled warmly at the memories. "When I was fifteen and Axel was ten she was murdered in a drunk driving incident, it tore our family apart. My parents begun to argue a lot," I admitted, looking down at my hands.

Lorenzo shifted closer to me, sensing that I were getting apprehensive as I told him my life. He placed a comforting hand onto my lower thigh and softly caressed my bare skin with his thumb.

"Our mother started drinking a lot excessively, coming home at ridiculous times and was constantly angry. It started of being light shouting and negligent behaviour towards me and Axel. It grew into abuse towards our father."I took a deep breath.

"It got all too much and he lost his job due to being late too many times, he went into a downward spiral and committed suicide two days after Axel had turn eleven." I closed my eyes as I recalled the day I got pulled out of lesson. Eleven- year-old Axel already sat in the office chairs, I had the initial panic that something happened to him. I remember the police standing their, holding their hats to their chests in condolences.

"Our father was a strong man, he loves all of us so much, we're what held him together. But he had previously grown up in an abusive household so it was a lot for him — I don't blame him." It was true. I didn't blame my father for his absence. I miss his dearly.

"After his suicide our mother stayed around until I was seventeen and a week before my eighteen birthday she disappeared." Tears slowly sprung from my eyes, Lorenzo reached up a hand and delicately fought them away from my face with a soft brush.

"That was one of the hardest points, I was continuously late to college after this as I had to ensure Axel arrived to school ok, I put his well-being and education over mine as I had to step up. After a month of this I dropped out of college as I could no longer balance it with all the other duties I had to pick up."