Chapter 4 - Sexuality

What he didn't know was how the blonde was exploring her sexuality even more.

Jean had a simple question: was she actually bisexual? Did she even like men? She never, ever brought up male crushes because she never had them in the first place.

Diluc was just like her, identifying as bisexual, acknowledging that he found men attractive but certainly leaning more towards females.

As the firstborn of the Gunnhildr Clan, her mother was forever badgering her about the fact that she had never dated anyone even though she was already past the age of 18.

"You will soon officially join the Knights of Favonius as an official member and yet you have no suitors!" proclaimed Frederica, annoyed.

She boasted about how she had many a guy wanting her 'back in her day,' and every time, Jean would smartly respond with, "Never worked out though, did it?" referencing her divorce with her father, Seamus Pegg.

Her mother would always frantically try to find a reason for why her father wasn't worth it, and that she always deserved better, but the Knight would be long - gone, having listened to this spiel many times. Moreover, it's not like Jean could just date anyone she wanted. They had to be from a noble Clan preferably, but if not have a high - ranking position, such as working for the Church of Favonius or the Knights of Favonius or to put in simple words, be affiliated with the Favonius name in some way or another.

Currently, there were two people her mother had hoped would be ideal for her precious daughter - either Diluc or Eula.

Contrary to popular belief, her mother didn't care about the gender of the person she dated. All she yearned was for them to be of a high social ranking. Due to her preference for women, Jean decided to ask Eula on a date.

That ended up in Jean making a new friend, rather than a partner. Besides, Eula was infatuated with the springy and outgoing granddaughter of the founder of the Outriders - Amber. She had confessed her feelings for the brunette on their date, expressing how she had come on the date in hopes of making a new friend, apologizing profusely. Jean was merely amused and didn't mind in the slightest since Eula was never super attractive to her as Lisa was.

She was pretty, with lovely sunset - like eyes, but were they the sharp, sparkling emerald eyes of Lisa's?

Since the Spindrift Knight was out of the question, both since the Anemo wielder herself wasn't attracted to her romantically, the next best option was... her best friend, Diluc. Her mother was always a little eager about her relationship with Diluc, forever bothering her, asking if they were 'just friends.' The Knight always promptly replied with, "I could never date my best friend," which simply ticked her mother off even more. Diluc was a perfect gentleman, forever kind and gentle, and 'the perfect man for my little Jean!' as her mother proclaimed, but for the blonde herself, there was no possible way for her to ever see him in a romantic light, unaware of the feelings he held towards her.

Frederica, frustrated with her daughter still not having a partner decided to confront Diluc about it in his own home, making her way to Dawn Winery.

--------------------------------------

"Ah, hello, Miss Gunnhildr. Master Diluc will be with you in a moment," smiles Adelinde, opening the door as Frederica takes a seat at the dining table. Unsurprisingly, Diluc makes his way down the stairs, adjusting his gloves as he does so. "Miss Gunnhildr!" exclaims Diluc, walking over to the woman, who's stood up by this point. He takes her hand, politely kissing it and Frederica chuckles at his polite nature, before retaking her seat. "I have some important matters to discuss with you," explains Frederica, and the red - haired man looks at her in surprise.

"Do tell," says Diluc, as maids walk in and out, pouring them cups of tea and setting down canapés.

Whilst they sip, Frederica pops the question, smirking as she does so. "So, Diluc. What do you think of Jean?" says Frederica as casually as she could, and she claps her hands in delight when she notices the Pyro wielder's cheeks flush red. "Um, she's great, of course. She's my best friend, I think of her as a great and confident person," mutters Diluc.

"So you say, hm? And you're sure you just think of her as confident?" teases Frederica, eagerly awaiting a reaction and her grin grows even wider when she notices Diluc turning an even darker shade of crimson. "Just as I thought. Diluc Ragnvindr, please take my daughter on a date. You clearly like her romantically," giggles Frederica, sipping her tea demurely as if she had asked him to do a simple task. "Jean clearly doesn't, though!" retorts Diluc, concerned. "Oh, she'll come around. I know you'd make an absolutely wonderful son - in - law for the Gunnhildr Clan. Just think of the connections! My Jean can be a little stubborn at times, always stuck in some dream - like fantasy in that head of hers," rambles Frederica, scoffing.

"But... can she really come to like me? I'm not joking when I say I know for a fact she genuinely doesn't see me like that," questions Diluc, worry present in his face. "Of course she will. You're just being pessimistic, sweetheart. That's all I have to say for now. I'll tell her I fixed up a date for... when are you free?" chuckles Frederica.

"I'm free on Saturday, I suppose," replies Diluc. "Wonderful! She'll see you then. Don't let me down now!" remarks Frederica, leaving Dawn Winery and waving at him before disappearing, as the Pyro wielder sighs to himself.

"To be fair, it is a chance to finally show the best of myself to Jean, right? Think of this as a good thing," thinks Diluc.

--------------------------------------

The long - awaited day comes, and Diluc dons a splendid outfit: a white suit, entwined with golden thread, a triple - feathered golden badge over the top of a black button - up, with gold lining, as well as a ruby clasp in the middle. To finish it off, he left his usually tied red hair loose and flowing down his back, as well as black gloves with stars on the back of them. He looks at himself in the mirror and breathes slowly. "It'll be alright, it'll be alright," mutters Diluc, leaving his home before heading to the Gunnhildr Estate to go pick up his date for the day.