chapter 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

"I  would but I wasn't feeling it"

--------------------------------

                                                                                              Saturday 30 of may 2020

Kyra Brown

I walked out of the airport the sun bright and intense. Its golden glow showering me in its warmth and kissing my skin. Though sadness tinged at my heart ,as mum and Tammy had left me for the summer, I couldn't help but smile in the sun's embrace and relish in the cool breeze that slipped through my clothes cooling me down like a wave of fresh water.  I sat down on a bench my long golden legs outstretched and basked in the sun awaiting the arrival of Prince and Mya, who were only a few minutes away and sighed. Rest assured Mum said they would call me  practically everyday I felt my anxiety flow away with the breeze and closed my eyes in satisfactory peace.

As I lay my head backwards, my mind wandered carelessly settling on the most random things; school, uni, the fact ben and holly's little kingdom is better than Peppa pig and just bare other random things that my popped up into head, that I failed to notice the text message that pinged in my phone. I was busy day dreaming on the topic of my wedding day when I heard a loud sound pierce my lil bubble of silence. The honking of a silver car; I looked to the side of me and saw Mya's shining face submerge out of it. Her slim frame insinuated by a white body con dress and accustomed with a blue overall blouse that flowed in the wind. Her hair was put in a lil top knot bun, her kinky 4 c hair long and luscious, her beauty breath taking as always. Ghanaians and their hair man😍

Once her eyes met mine she gave me a warm smile that lit up her eyes and ran towards me engulfing me in a large hug . I laughed.

"Hey mymy. I see your looking quite sexy today. Who you impressing? I said sending her wink  in reference to Prince. "Oh shush man" she replied shoving me with her elbow and attempting to hide her ever-growing smile .She couldn't even help but smile at the mention of his name; 2 years later and she's still as lovestruck as she was in Year 9. " Mhm you can't even deny it . I can see that you are trying to seduce him' I muttered loud enough for her to hear squinting my eyes playfully in anticipation for her reaction "SEDUCE" Mya's eyes popped out of her head "Kyra shut up, there's nothing wrong with what I'm wearing" she pouted and interlinked her arm with mine. "Mm yeah sure"

 I got into the car and greeted Prince who just gave me a lil hug and began driving off. Prince was in our year but looked identical to his elder brother and often drove illegally with his brother's driver's licence, which I couldn't lie often made me paranoid but I had no one else ,who was available, who could pick me up and beggars can't be choosers🤷🏽‍♀️.

I wasn't too sure where exactly we were heading but they promised to catch me up. The plan was along the lines of  meeting up with the rest of our lil group in celebration of the beginning of summer. Corny ass niggas and niggerates.

Layla badiah

I got out of my bed the last episode of Jane the virgin coming to a close, to see two messages in my phone one alerting me to make it to Lewisham in 2hr and a good morning text from Joel. I smiled sweetly to myself feeling heat grow at my cheeks, this boy had my heart for real. I got up and stretched and moved to my calendar crossing out the date today-the 30th of may. I officially had a week until my birthday and I can't lie I was gassed. 

I did my lil hygiene routine and got dressed in a body suit in black with a cropped chequered overall top and got ready to leave the house- making sure to text Mya to let the rest know I was coming so that they wouldn't ring my line excessively.