chapter 2

The house filled with the sweet smell of pancakes. As soon as the smell entered my senses, i knew dad was in the kitchen making breakfast. I quickly put on my ear rings and headed downstairs to eat breakfast.

“Something smells amazing in here” I said, walking into the kitchen to see dad smile

“Something smells amazing in here” I said, walking into the kitchen to see dad smile. “It should. It’s your grandmother’s recipe” he said, before letting me get a taste. I could tell that he put more strawberries in the dessert. “Somehow how, dad you’ve made me like your cooking more then grandma’s” i said, making him smile even wider. Uncle stefan walked into the room and gave me a hug before helping dad with breakfast. “What are your full plans today, kate?” uncle stefan asked, sitting down with a cup of coffee. I shrugged and grabbed some breakfast. “Well after i go shopping with elena, we’re going to have lunch at mystic grill and then after i bring her to you, i’m going to the book store. I also plan on calling Andrew and letting him know how my day is going” i said, before chowing down. “Any plans with your best friend?” enzo said, walking in behind me. I shrugged, before

thinking of something fun. “Have you ever been camping?” i asked, not knowing what he’s done in the past few years. He shook his head and I smiled. “Okay then, tomarrow. Me, you, dad, uncle stefan, elena and elena’s friends are going camping” i said, before they could say anything. They all tried to protest but I wouldn't have any of that. “Sounds fun” dad said, smiling and sitting down with us. I clapped with happiness and it made the others laugh. The group finally finished eating and quickly cleaned up while I gathered stuff in my purse and headed out. The minute I pulled up to Elena's house, she was already on her porch with a purse. “Hop in. I’m not going to bite” I said, unlocking the car door and letting her in. she smiled and buckled herself up. “So where are we going first?” she asked, making me smile. “I saw this really cute dress place on the way here. We could go get coffee and go shopping there” I suggested, before she nodded and we drove off to the coffee shop. 

-skip to the dress store-

Elena smiled when I kept suggesting dresses for her. I will admit, she could be annoying at times but she was really good at being friendly. We had seen so many dresses that we could wear to parties and it half killed me to not buy every single one of them. Elena pointed out so many dresses for me, and she actually had really good taste. “So, elena. Me, Enzo, uncle stefan and my dad are planning on going camping tomorrow and I was wondering if you and your friends would like to join” i asked, hoping she would agree. “That sounds fun. So, sure. We’d love to” she replied, making me smile. “Great” I said, before we finished and paid for the dresses. The rest of the day, we just spent time at different stores and talked. Turns out my dad has a little crush on her. To be honest, I hope this doesn't turn into the Katherine situation again. They were really good at falling in love with the same girl and I was starting to feel bad for elena. We quickly walked over to the grill and sat down for lunch. She seemed as if she was on edge when we first walked in though. “Elena, what’s going on?” I asked, before following her eyes to a man who was sitting down at the bar with a drink in his hand. “It’s nothing. Don’t worry about it” she said, coming back to reality. I quickly shook it off and returned to talking about what we were saying before. “So my dad literally tried to kiss you?” I said, laughing and shaking my head. She nodded and started laughing too. “Yeah but, i just ended up slapping him” she finished, which made me laugh even more. “As you should have” I said, clanking our glasses together. As we finished eating we were met with the guy from the bar that Elena was staring at. “Elena, who’s your new friend?” he asked, making Elena's smile turn into a frown. I could tell that she did not like this guy, one bit. “Katy. Katy salvatore” I said, introducing myself. This guy gave off a dangerous vibe and I was a bit worried for elena. He quickly took my hand and kissed it, showing that he was a gentleman. “It’s nice to meet you, love. I’m Klaus mikaelson” he said, making me realize who he was. “Mikaelson? As in one of Rebekah Mikaelson's brothers?” I asked, leaving a shocked expression on the man’s face. “You know my sister?” he asked, still not comprehending anything. “Yeah. me and her have been friends since the day she turned me. She’s the one who told me that my uncle and dad were back in town” i said, completely shocking Elena too. She just kept drinking her drink before we both got up and got ready to leave. We were stopped before we could walk out. “I hope to see you around, love.” Klaus shouted to me from his spot at the bar. I nodded and walked out. People walked through the streets in the light of day. I saw dad get out of his car and knew what was happening. He was about to start drama. We headed to my car before going home. We still had to pack for the camping trip. Uncle Stefan was sitting in the library reading in a chair with enzo. I sighed and looked over at elena. We both knew it was unusual for them to act friendly to each other. I smiled and walked upstairs. Stefan and elena was going to share a tent while me, dad and enzo was going to sleep in the same tent because the tent that i had was a little bigger than uncle stefans. Enzo joined me in my room a little later. Since we had enough room, I thought it would have been nice to invite a few extra people. “Enzo, do you think dad would let me invite the Mikaelsons to the camping trip?” I asked, knowing of the problems he had with them. Enzo gave me a soft smile. "Listen, love. Your dad and the mikaelsons will have their peace one day. Maybe it'll take some kind of start with you to initiate it" he said, kindly. I smiled back and gave him a big hug.