Chapter One (b)

Later that day, Dad invited me somewhere near the Pups' area.

"Where are you bringing me, Dad?" I asked. "I still want to play tag with Dia!"

"You'll love this, I promise," Dad said as he brought me to a dirt-covered path surrounded by small stones.

I stopped short. My jaw was left dangling open. A small gasp escaped from my mouth. On the dirt path were around five wolves, one was Star, while I did not recognise the other four wolves. However, I did notice that the four seemed to be in a hunting position as they trapped a giant moose trying to escape. Star ordered, "Surround it!"

The wolves howled as they surrounded the moose, snapping their jaws like Amazon crocodiles at their lunch. The moose attempted to escape and head-butt a chocolate brown wolf, but then the other wolves at the back attacked it at the same time, causing the moose to fall. All the wolves then pounced on it, swiping their forepaws and biting the moose until it succumbed to its wounds.

"Good job!" praised Star. The wolves then got up from the moose carcass, panting heavily. I only just realised that I had been staring at the party so long I forgot to blink. Dad ruffled my fur and approached Star.

"Good morning, Everblaze and Nighty!" Star said, turning to Dad and I. 

"Good morning, Star," replied Dad as he bowed, stretching his forepaws on the ground and placing his chin on his paws. Star then nodded at Dad, who straightened up and looked at me. I suddenly realised why he was. I desperately attempted to bow too, which went completely wrong, resulting in me falling over, but the Star added, "You don't have to bow. You're still a pup. It's fine," he assured me. I nodded and got up.

"Hey Star!" another wolf interrupted, bowing at Star. "Sky is here," The wolf, which turned out to be the chocolate brown wolf, added.

"I know. You have enough on your hands as the Gamma wolf already," replied Star, watching a black wolf approach the seven wolves.

"Dad, what's a Gamma wolf?" I asked Dad.

"A Gamma wolf is third in command, and is in charge of hunting," explained Dad, indicating the brown wolf.

"That's right," cut in Star, "I'm very sorry but my mate and the Luna, Sky, needs me," he told us before sprinting towards Sky.

"Dad, could I learn how to hunt?" I asked.

Dad smiled. "Of course, you can, Everblaze!" he assured me.

"That's awesome!" I cheered, punching the air with my forepaws.

"Alright, Everblaze, I have to work as River Guard. Don't leave the territory, okay? Go find Mum,"

"Sure!" I make my way towards the Pack den, where Mum was resting.

~

Inside, I found Mum sleeping in the den. I trotted towards her.

"Mum, wake up!" I shook Mum continuously.

"Everblaze, go find Patches or Moon instead," Mum said through snores.

"Oh," I replied, before walking out of the den.

I soon found Moon near the Training Grounds, leading towards the river.

"Wait for me, Moon!" I cried, dashing to catch up with my sister.

"What are you doing here, Everblaze?" Moon turned, staring at me, giving me the chance to catch up with her.

"Mum asked me to play with you!" I said. "Wait, what are you doing here?" I suddenly asked.

Moon glowered at me. "Ain't it obvious?" she said, indicating the marker at the end of the territory, "I'm going to the mountains."

Would you mind clicking that star over there? Yes, that one. Thanks!