Epilogue

"No..." I moaned. "No, Star..." Patches lowered his head in respect. Tears trickled down Mum's face as she buried her head in Dad's shoulder, who patted her. Diamond shut her eyes as she broke down uncontrollably. Meanwhile, Black slowly looked up, only to see his father's body lying on the ground. He got up, shaking his head. "No, no, no! This cannot be happening. Dad?!" Black cried. Even I pitied Black as he shook Star's body. Just then, several bushes shook, revealing Moon with some herbs in her mouth. When she saw the scene, realisation dawned on her as she let the herbs in her mouth fall to the grass below before she sank to the ground.

Sniffing, I got up. "Let's bury him near the river somewhere close. We cannot leave his body here. Nodding, everyone followed me. At the river, Dad, Patches, Mum and I helped to dig a hole where we let Star rest in peace near an apple tree on the riverside.

 At the river, Dad, Patches, Mum and I helped to dig a hole where we let Star rest in peace near an apple tree on the riverside

"Time we paid our respects," decided Mum, placing some flowers on the spot where he lay. "To the ever-loyal Alpha, we shall pay you our respects and last wishes to you now." declared Dad. "Star, you were the perfect Alpha for our pack. I am very sorry that you had to sacrifice your life to save another. I will respect you, forever," said Dad as we bowed in unison.

"Oh Patrick, Star was the most loyal wolf I have ever met in my life. May you rest in peace, Star," bowed Mum, still sobbing a little.

"Thank you, Star, for saving me. You have saved me twice; one, from being a lone wolf and two, from being killed. You have inspired others to be a leader, and one of them is me. Thank you for giving me a chance to rule the pack," I thanked.

"Dad, you have been the best father I've ever met. Whenever I had problems, you were always there for me. You never made anyone walk alone, you were always were there for them, cheering them on. That is what a good leader does. I love you with all my heart," Diamond bowed again as she placed an apple seed on the burial site.

"Where's Black?" interjected Patches.

"Good question," agreed Mum.

"Maybe he went back to the pack base," suggested Dad. "Come on, we have to get back."

~

Once back, Moon pointed out Black in the Pack base. "There he is! But why is he running towards us with a bunch of other wolves howling?"

"Uh oh. I think they are holding a rebellion," voiced Dad worriedly.

"What's a rebellion?" I asked curiously.

"It's where a group of wolves oppose a high-ranking wolf," explained Mum.

"Oh. So who are they opposing?" I asked, turning to look at everyone in the group.

"Umm... Everblaze?" pointed out Diamond nervously, "They appear to be rebelling against you."

This is the end of the story! Please vote if you loved this cliffhanger! To find out what happened, click the 'continue reading button'!