Chapter 4 - White Rabbit

"What. Are. You. Doing?" She asked slowly as he crawled into her bed and hugged her so that she was tight against him.

      "I'm hugging you." He said simply with a chuckle.

     "It's wierd especially after what you and Dianna were talking about." She laughed softly. "Were you serious?"

     "Hmm?"

     "About the mate thing." She added.

    "Oh that. Yeah of course I was." He pressed his forehead against her back.

    "OH...I thought you were joking." She let out a breath.

    "Do you want me to be joking?" He asked nervously.

    "No. Of course not! It's just...I guess I've never had anyone talk about something like that when my name was included in the conversation." She explained.

    "I don't see how they could not." He said putting his head on her shoulder.

    "I'm an assassin. I've killed more people than you've even met." She turned to face him.

    "You had to, you needed the money to take care of yourself and Dianna." He assured her.

     She sighed.

     "I'm going to bed." She closed her eyes.

     "One more thing." She barely had time to open her eyes before his lips gently met hers. "Alright good night."

     "Your insane." She scoffed burying her face in her pillow.

     "Only for you." He grinned.

     ~          ~            ~           ~           ~

      Arley yawned and blinked.

      Her brows furrowed as she realized Levi wasn't next to her.

      She changed her t-shirt and shorts before heading to Dianna's room.

      "Where's Petigree Pet?" She asked.

      "I'm not sure. Do you want me to help you look?" She offered.

      "No no it's fine I can find him."

      She looked around the treehouse when he wasn't there she shifted and followed the sweet scent of vanilla and pine with a trace of...her own scent?

      Arley followed it to a small abandoned building about two miles out of the woods.

      She shifted to listen.

     "When's it happening?" She heard Levi ask.

     "In about three months unfortunately." Another voice awnsered.

     She felt a pair of hands grab her wrists and push her forward.

     "Alpha." The voice that had grabbed her caught the man's attention.

     "Who's this?" He asked.

     "Arley Estonia." She said confidently.

     The man turned to Levi.

     "A friend of yours?" He asked.

     "Actually she's the future Vixen of the Darkridge Pack." He explained pulling her next to him.

     "I guess I can't tell you you have bad taste or I'd be lying." The man laughed.

     "You are?" She watched him suspiciously.

     "Oh, names Damian. Alpha of the Lightcliff Pack." He held out her hand.

     She eyed him up and down as he awkwardly put his hand back at his side.

    "Anyways in three months." He finished.

    "If you're talking about when Levi will take over the pack, no that'll take too long. He'll send another assassin by then." She shook her head.

     "Another?" Damian raised a brow.

    "I apologize for not making myself crystal clear earlier. I'm assassin Arley Estonia. But you can call me White Rabbit." She held out her hand with a smirk.

    "YOUR MATING WITH AN ASSASSIN?! AND A VERY FAMOUS ONE AT THAT!" Damian  raised his voice to a shout.

    "White Rabbit?" He looked at her curiously.

    "Can't use my real name when I'm on the job." She shrugged.

    He turned to Damian.

    "She's had plenty chance to kill me and she hasn't." He explained.

    Damian huffed, "Just don't get killed! That'll ruin any chance we have of making this work!" 

     She rolled her eyes.

     "She's not going to kill me unless it's with her cooking." He laughed.

     She smacked the back of his head.

     "My cooking is phenomenal!" She huffed.

     He chuckled, "I'm just kidding."

     "Anyways make it two and a half months and it's possible. Not three." She decided.

     Damian seemed to get over her job and said, "yes ma'am!"

     She nodded once before stretching.

    "I'm going back home." She announced, shifting with a grin at Damian's open mouth gape as he saw her fox.

     He watched her dreamily as if love sick while Levi glared at him.

    It wasn't long after she got home that Levi arrived back.

    "That was interesting." He admitted.

    Arley shrugged.

    "I guess so."

    "So what's with the name White Rabbit?" He asked.

    "That's what the people that hire me have come to call me." She yawned. "Oh and by the way never leave like that again."

     He nodded.

     "I won't I promise." He swore.