9

you place your pajamas on the counter and look up at the mirror in front of you. running your fingers through your hair and taking a deep breath, you reflect on everything that happened today. you might have trouble getting used to the time difference, but that's only an hour, so hopefully it'll be fine.

you turn the shower on and grab your shampoo and conditioner. when you hop in, the warm water rushes over the top of your head like a hug from a warm blanket. it's almost as if your built-up stress is running down with the water. lavender is your favorite smell, so you were thrilled when you found a great shampoo and conditioner with that scent at the duty-free shop. after you pump some shampoo onto your hand and massage it into your scalp, you lean your back against the wall and allow warm water to run over you. right now, all you want is to enjoy the sleepover with your friends, and for that stupid storm to pass on already.

after you get out of the shower and wrap yourself in a towel, you overhear hushed voices coming from the living room.

"i don't know man, she seems really anxious about this damn thunderstorm. and i don't know the whole story of that, but i wish i did. it'd help me understand her fear better, i think. i just wish there's something more i can do...i feel like i'm barely doing anything. i want her to feel safe, but i don't think i'm doing a great job of that, and...i dont know, i don't know what to do. and that guy who tried to hit on her? i'm probably overthinking way too much, but she seemed to not care about it too much, so, yeah. i am just overthinking it. it'll be fine."

"shit, that's will!" you raise your eyebrows and press your ear closer to the door when you come to the conclusion. "why does he think that, he's literally been perfect and i'd be a wreck without him." you silently wish for an opportunity to tell him that, but for right now, you better free up the bathroom since there's still a whole line of guys waiting to use the shower after you.

you get into your pajamas then make your way over to the counter. you fumble for your toothbrush and toothpaste out of your toiletries bag and start brushing your teeth. since you aren't the biggest fan of blowdrying, you set the temperature to "cool" before drying your hair for hardly a minute. the rest will air dry; it's better for your hair, anyway.

after you finished your skincare routine, you slightly open a window to help let the steamy air out before turning off the fan.

"alright, i'm all set!" you call out while you walk out of the bathroom carrying your clothes.

"so, what's happening, boys?" after you've place your belongings into your suitcase, you go over to the living room again. there's always time to unpack later.

"except the occasional lightning or atrocious wind picking up, nothing new," tubbo laughs out as he adjusts his seat on the couch.

it took a bit, but finally everyone had a chance to wash up. it's about 12:30 now, so you're all quite ready to go to sleep.

"hold on, something's missing," you wonder while staring at the scene in the living room: sleeping bags scattered across the open floor where the kitchen, hallway, and living room meet, will's mattress propped against the side of the L-shaped couch, the big window with light grey curtains hanging to the ground. the window with a wide windowsill holding all of wilbur's cute knickknacks, the window reflecting dim light across the whole flat. the big window showcasing the monster storm wailing on the other side of the wall.

the monster storm.

fuck.

the news said it would get worse as the night progressed, but now it's actually time for that. great.

you try to push all those shitty thoughts away since it would be pathetic to be this terrified of a storm in front of your friends, so you bring your attention back to the living room design.

"OH! i know!" you yell out as you run down the hallway into wilbur's room.

you grab that one lone throw pillow and run back with it while saying in a sing-song voice, "i've got it!" you place it onto wilbur's mattress on the ground and secretly smile to yourself. the others seem a bit confused, but you just find that cute.

authors note:
hi guys! i've got a lot of updates, but i want to start off by saying thank you for over 300 views! i also wanted to say, i've made a lot of changes and additions to my story and profile! for starters, i changed my account profile pictures and bio. but in regards to the story, i've decided to add cover photos to all of my chapters. it may be hard to find what i'm picturing in my head as an actual photo, but we all are imagining different scenes in our mind while we read, aren't we? i also think that adding a word count and date of publication would be beneficial, don't you? anyway, that's all i've got to say...i think. if i remember something else, i'll be sure to let you know. that's all, enjoy my rant and see you later! hahah
~luca

word count: 923
date of publication: march 21, 2022