13

we stayed like that for about half an hour, just laying there with my broken lover in my arms. i wish she didn't feel this way, and i wish this damned storm would be over already.

i tilt my head back and quietly sigh. how did i get so lucky to have this beautiful person in my arms, trusting me enough to comfort her and even to sleep on top of me?

i love her so much, i really do. and everyone here does too; i know i can trust them to take care of izzy if i wasn't there. they do, they're all so good to her and me. tommy, where to begin. he's the best sibling figure ever. so caring and so kind, i'm so overjoyed with love towards him. tubbo, the sweetest little bundle... okay, i gotta stop ranting about how everyone is so great.

i stroke izzy's soft, dark hair and pull her closer to me. i just absorb her smell; the best way i can explain it is like fluffy vanilla lavender. i can feel her soft breaths in my neck, and it makes me want to melt. i think she's feeling better now, but we'll see when she wakes up.

the storm isn't as intense as it was, but the rain is still coming down kind of heavy. there wasn't any lightning anymore, but i could've slept through some. i feel really bad that izzy has to deal with this, she doesn't deserve it.

i check my phone beside me and the clock reads 4:38am. i snapped a quick picture of izzy in my arms, it was so adorable. i debated on posting it on my instagram story, but i decided it was too intimate of a moment to share. i'll just keep this little treasure to myself, i don't think i'll tell izzy.

author's note
omg omg hii everyone! i once again apologize for disappearing for over a month. buttt i think i'm getting back into wattpad and writing, so that's exciting!! hope you enjoyed this little cute chapter, i'll write longer ones later :)

date of publication: june 21, 2022
word count: 361