ch.2: truth

the next day.

yuzu found some skate pants that are the same pattern and color as her skirt. she skates to school and sees mei.

mei sees her then ignores what she was going to say.

"name and grade."

yuzu looks at her. "yuzu okogi, 12th."

mei looks down on her clipboard then writes down some stuff. yuzu walked in and slid behind mei.

"there's something on your mind. i know it."

mei looked at her.

"pants. you're supposed to be wearing your skirt."

yuzu laughed then put her hands on the gate.

"when you wanna tell me come find me outside."

yuzu let go and went in the school. like the person she is she went the other way to go find a skate spot. mei on the other hand had to check in all the students in the academy.

~~

yuzu was outside skating. her button up was fully unbuttoned with her sports bra underneath. all her other stuff was on a bench right by where she was skating. mei walks out to catch a breather from all the student council work. she was suddenly alerted when she heard a big bang on the side of the school she walks towards it to find yuzu skating.

"why are you outside?" mei questioned shyly.

yuzu looks at her. "i told you i would be outside."

mei rolls her eyes and sits on the bench where yuzus stuff was.

"so why did you do that thing yesterday?"

yuzu grabs her board and sits next to mei.

"because that old man was choking you. plus i thought i forgot my bag but i didn't so i jus happened to see that ugly ass dude choke you."

mei looked down at her legs and scrunched up her fists.

"but why."

"what do you mean why? ain't no way am i just going to let someone man handle you. even though i don't care about school at all, i'm just a person who's real and try's to do what's right."

yuzu gives mei a reassuring smile. but out of no where mei gives her a hug.

"thank you yuzu."

yuzu looks down at mei flustered, then looks back up holding mei relating to how she felt. she could feel the pain that mei was in. she knew that she wanted to cry but she also knew that mei has the pressure to be perfect. she knew everything. she also knew that she wished that there was someone to comfort her when yuzus dad beat her.

mei gets up from the hug.

"yuzu, how come you have that look on your face?"

i regret not being the person i am now. i wish i was different when i was younger.

"yuzu?"

if only i knew what to do when i had the chance.

"heyy yuzu!"

"huh? what...happened..."

"i think you were spacing out?"

yuzu rubs her face. "yea probably heh."

"well i'm going back, you should as well."

yuzu buttons up her shirt, puts her green blazer on, and walks in the school like nothing happened.

mei walked in behind her knowing that something was up. but she ignored it and was met by her grandfather. yuzu glanced at them then walked down a hallway thinking to herself like always.

i'd kill that bastard.

~~

it was the end of the day and yuzu decided to go see mei to see how she was doing mentally.

"knock knock." yuzu said inviting herself in.

mei looks up. "you're not supposed to be here right now."

yuzu scoffs. "yeaaa i know."

"then why are you here?"

"woah woah woah, chill. i just wanted to check on you from our conversation before."

mei drops her pen then looks at yuzu resting her head on her hand.

"yes. i'm fine. thank you yuzu."

yuzu taps her fingers on meis desk then starts to walk away.

"yknow i was abused too." yuzu begins putting her hands in her pockets.

she just hears a gasp from mei.

yuzu stops by the door then looks back at mei.

"the truth is i never told anybody. just kept skating and made friends. my dad was a real asshole. but uh, i'm here if you need anything i guess." yuzu faces forward and walks out the door.

the last expression she saw on meis face was guilt and sadness. she didn't really get why mei felt like that, but she kept waking. in her head she kept thinking about those things her dad did. and how she was satisfied when her mom killed her dad. yuzus mom lives with her but she can only see her for a little bit since her work is really busy.

she kept her head down, hands in her pockets, with an unfazed look. if you would've see her it looked like she had murder on her mind.

she heard heavy footsteps from behind her. quickly, she turned around just to see mei close to her as possible.

"i forgot to say thank you yuzu." mei said in a flirtatious tone.

yuzu chuckled and had her fingers rise up meis chin.

"i appreciate you mei." yuzu said.

she let go of meis face with a smirk then walked away. she grabbed her board then started skating again. mei admired her from the 3rd story and yuzu skated out of the school. she turned her back to the quad then went back to her work.

"mei." she chairman yelled coldly.

"yes grandfather?"

"are the papers done?" he yelled again.

mei slightly shudders from the time in his voice. she could feel the anger. "i have 2 more to sign."

"well HUREY UP. I HAVE A MEETING SOON AND I NEED THESE PAPERS!"

mei nodded then signed them quickly. 

the chairman grabbed her by the collar and pulled her in.

"next time i tell you to do something that has deadlines, you do it by the dead line. or are you too stupid to comprehend that?"

mei looked down not acknowledging her grandfather at all.

she finally looks up after a minute of silence.

"yes. grandfather."