ch 3: p's and q's

for the past week yuzu has been stopping by meis office after school to see how she was doing with everything. yuzu still hasn't learned how to follow the rules yet but has gotten closer with mei. she has also invited mei to go over to her house to hang out. harumin (yuzus best friend at her other school) is coming too. her childhood friend matsuri was also coming.

yuzu waited outside for mei as she had a meeting after school. yuzu was sitting on her skateboard on the ground near the entrance. while listening to music she was interrupted by the buzzing and ringing of her phone.

incoming call from Mama Harumin😻🤞

"ayeee haru! what's up!"

"YUZUCHIII!! IM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU!"

"ME TOO! are you on your way?"

"YES! man i can't believe the school kicked you out for skating."

"for real. it's so stupid. OH! i forgot to mention, i invited the school president to hang out too."

"ooo. what's her name?"

"mei aihara."

there was silence on the phone for a minute.

"hello? harumin?"

"sorry sorry! it's just crazy how you're friends with MEI AIHARA!"

"what's the big deal? she famous or something?"

"yuzuchi do you not know about the whole thing?!"

"there's a thing?"

"yes! supposedly her dad left the school board so her grandfather had to take over and she's now trying to take over the school board. after all you do go to aihara academy right?"

"oh, yea i do. man i'm too slow for all of this."

"haha it's okay yuzuchi. anyways, just don't get caught doing something stupid by the chairman himself. he's a real piece of shit."

"tell me about it. he was choking mei."

"NO WAY!"

"yes way."

"DAMN. well i'm about to get on the train. i'll see you soon yuzuchi!"

"bye harumin love you."

"love you too yuzuchi!"

*beep*

yuzu hangs up and rests leaning back on the door.

where is this girl?

she starts playing subway surfers waiting for mei while listing to her favorite playlist. distracted, she didn't see the chairman storm out of the school.

"but mr. aihara please." momokino cried.

"ENOUGH! i'm not going to put up with this anymore. you can call off the meeting next week. you can find me on my death bed!"

yuzu started giggling. she saw momokino sigh as she saw the chairman leave.

shortly after mei came out. she closes the other door and locks it.

"aye everything ight with your grandpops?" yuzu asked.

mei sighed. "he's overwhelmed. there were complaints and bad reviews from people and he thinks it's going to ruin the reputation of the school. but i personally think that it's all a fraud since there are people wanting this school to fail."

yuzu looks at mei puzzled yet shocked. she grabs her board as they start walking.

"sooo uhh...what's this school called?" yuzu asked.

"yoshida private school academy. located close to us actually here in tokyo. there a co-ed school but have a lot of money. they've been trying to come and take us down because we have better things than them and we've been in the system for a while."

yuzu sighs. "mannn what's all the fuss about then? just say that you sick and that you need to get better."

mei smiles. "you make it sound so easy."

"it is isn't it?" yuzu scoffs.

mei giggles. "you're funny. no, that's not how it works. when a school that's newer, more updated, and has better qualities, things can get heated between schools. more or less all they want is more students that have money so their school can grow with better reviews."

"this is confusing." yuzu responded bluntly.

mei sighs then flicks yuzus head. "this is why you have to be in class."

"ayee dude that hurt." yuzu rubbed her forehead.

both of them laughed then continued to walk to yuzus house. yuzu enjoyed the laughter, smiles, and stupid jokes she made to make mei laugh. she remembered when she used to walk home with harumin. those times were fun.

"yuzu."

the blonde looks at the president. "wussup?"

"what are your friends like?"

yuzu shot up straight from the shock of the question.

"hm? yuzu? is everything okay?"

yuzu shakes her head to get back into focus.

"well uhh...harumin is my age but 2 months older than me. and matsuri is 16 but about to turn 17. she's a little punk and always listens to music. harumin is out going and matches anyones energy. she's my best friend."

yuzu looks at mei after explaining to her what her friends are like. with a slight tint of pink on meis face she looks at yuzu and smiles.

"they seem lovely."

the skater smiles then remembers.

"they both go to yoshida high. my old school."

mei looks at yuzu with a serious face. then stops in front of her.

"you got expelled from yoshida private?"

"yea..."

mei starts laughing.

"i'm going to call you emo bitch if you keep laughing like that." yuzu scoffs.

"sorry sorry. it's just funny to me. so that's why they are trying to ruin us."

"BECAUSE OF ME?!?" yuzu cried.

"yes. but in a good way, don't worry."

~~

yuzu and mei both walk in the house.

"well uhhh, this is my place."

both of the girls walk in silent. yuzu goes to her room and puts her bag down. mei walks in and her mouth immediately dropped.

"what?" yuzu looked over.

mei looks at the blonde. "your room is amazing!"

yuzu laughed a bit. "is it because the graffiti or it's jus filled with a bunch of stuff."

"n-no..it's just really cool."

"uhm..thanks?"

yuzu didn't really know how to react. in fact she felt really awkward that it was just the two of them. she knew harumin was coming with matsuri but still. she felt like stuff wasn't going to go the way she planed. well, she didn't even have a plan. she just plopped down on the floor.

"oh my goodness yuzu! are you okay?"

yuzu groans. "im overwhelming myself."

again.