Chapter 9: Gimlelul and My Lady

My eyes remained fixed on the stars above until I jumped at a whisper in my ear, "Hey! " 

With a gasp, I sat up, "Kili! What in Durin's name was that for? " 

He laughed as I tried to hold in a smirk, "It was such a perfect moment, I couldn't pass it up! " I glared at him until he stopped laughing. "Can I sit with you? " 

I nodded and laid back down. "As long as you don't scare me like that again. " 

He held a hand over his heart. "I promise, Mini. "

I patted the spot beside me and he sat down, Ki was wearing a clean tunic with his regular trousers and boots... He smelled of lemongrass and toby.

"I see that you cleaned up. " I commented.

Kili nodded with a smile, "Yes I did... It's been a while since I had a proper wash since I've been roaming around with Fili, It's quite refreshing. " 

"I could smell the difference immediately! " He chuckled at my remark and I asked, "How was the men's washroom? It must have been better than the ones you've been to before. " 

He raised an eyebrow, "Washroom? What washroom? " 

I sat up in horror. "The washroom a few halls down from the one I used... You didn't use it? " 

He stifled a laugh and hid his face, I was confused for a moment before I realized the one other place that he would think to clean up in. "Kili Durin! Please tell me that you did not use the fountain! "

"I didn't know that men had a washroom! We thought that it was for ladies only so we used the fountain. " He tried to explain through laughter.

I covered my mouth in shock and tried to hold my giggles as I spoke, "All of you used the fountain? " Ki nodded as he continued to chuckle. My giggles were becoming harder to suppress. "Oh grey havens, you dwarves are ridiculous! Did anyone see you? " 

Kili shook his head, "No, none that I could spot out. " 

I laid back down with my face in my hands and we continued to laugh.

"That... Is the laugh I missed. " 

"You missed me? " I teased.

He laid next to me. "Of course I did... I missed being a pain in your side. " 

I rolled my eyes and he chuckled, "In all seriousness, I hated not hearing your laugh whenever Fili made a joke or how you would usually give me a look whenever I said something stupid,  Gimlelul (my brightest star).

My eyebrows raised as I moved to face him, "You remembered... "

Ki smiled and rubbed circles on my hand, "I do... I haven't used that name in a while, I quite like the way that it rolls off the tongue... " I laughed and he grinned. 

My gaze moved to our hands and he continued to rub circles. I remember that Kili used to do this when we are younger. It was just as, if not more, comforting... After a few moments of comfortable silence, he asked, "I know how much you care for Rivendell. Would you prefer to live here again one day in the future? " 

I sighed and looked up at him "Well... As much as I love this place, I don't think I could live here for a long period again. It was lovely and the Elves are a great people, but there isn't enough adventure... And besides, I enjoy being with you all, I wouldn't trade it for all of Middle Earth. "

After a moment he asked with a slightly more serious tone, "Where did you get that scrape on your chin? I noticed it at dinner. " 

With a slightly embarrassed expression, I looked back up at him, "I cut it when I tripped and was attacked by the Warg that I killed... Has it healed at all? "