5

(1982)

"Y/N, you're late as always"

I just rolled my eyes and took my seat next to Michael.

We've been best friends since we met two years ago, I think his others friends think I'm weird but I don't really care.

He was there for my when my parents divorced and when my sister disappeared.

Although I know all to well what really happened to her.

I also tried my best to comfort him when his little sister, Elizabeth died.

His dad began treating him worse than he already did.

I hate him.

I placed an elbow on my desk while my hand placed itself on the side of my face.

I turned to Michael, smirking, hoping to get a better look at him.

I glanced at him, taking in all his features that's when I noticed he had a black eye.

"Oh shit Michael! Are you okay?"

"Yes but also not really?"

"Who did this to you?"

He kept silent

"William, that bastard I'll kill him!"

"Y/N shhh"

He placed a finger on his lip.

He picked up one of my hands with both of his and looked directly at me

Heat crept upon my face

"I'm fine, he just lost his temper"

"My dad loses his temper but he'd never do that Michael, it's not okay"

"Just please don't do anything stupid? I don't want him to hurt you too"

He wouldn't do that would he?

In the first year I met Michaels dad, he was actually pretty nice to me.

He still scared me but he taught me a thing or two about robotics.

Maybe that's why he even liked me in the first place, because I always had a passion for them.

After Michael told me what he was really like I quickly grew a hatred for him.

After Elizabeth died that hatred only grew stronger.

"Alright then, I promise"

"Thank you"

He let go of my hand and I sighed.

What has been up with me recently?

Why do I crave that stupid boys touch?

"Y/N L/N"

My teacher called out.

"Uh yeah?"