Prologue

Logan's POV:

I get out of the shower and wrap my towel around my waist. My phone starts buzzing on the sink and I answer it without looking at the caller id. "Yes, Logan speaking" I spoke drying my hair with a small towel.

"Hello, love," I stop as I recognize the accent easily. I set my towel down and put it on speaker.

"Hello, Klaus. What did you need?" I ask drying myself off completely before putting on my clothes.

"Straight to the point, eh? Well I need a favor from you, Logan. Your the only one I trust to know this secret," at the tone in his voice made it sound pretty serious so I take my phone off of speaker and hold it to my ear.

"You remember Hayley, right?" I made a noise of agreement and he continues, "well we had a one night stand and well, now she's pregnant with my children. There's a group of witches that want to wish her harm and a group of vampires that kills off werewolves so I was hoping you can come to New Orleans to help me and my family protect her."

Woah, that's a lot to process at once. Hayley is pregnant with Klaus's children. What a mind blowing thing.

"You're the last of my hybrids except for Tyler but you will actually listen to me and treat me different than the Mystic Falls group does. I know it's a lot to ask bu-," I cut him off with a gentle tone.

"I'll go, Klaus. There's nothing here for me anyways. Nothing important. I will gladly help you with your situation as long as you're truthful to me," I gently but firmly tell him. There is nothing here for me.

The kids feel like they don't need me. And if they do need me, it's always something to do with the troublesome brothers. Aka the Salvatore brothers.

"I will try and I'm sorry to hear that, love. I'll text you the address and please make sure nobody follows you to it," he says before hanging up. I set my phone down and look at myself in the mirror.

Am I really doing this? I smile, hell yeah I am. Ok, time to start packing. I finish getting dressed and did my hair then make up before grabbing my suitcases from the closet.

    I use my vampire speed to pack everything quickly. Lord knows how long I'll be there so I'm taking a good amount of clothes along with my bathroom products.

    As I finish zipping up my bags, I hear my nephew walk into the house. Since his mother died I moved into the house to look after him but for awhile now he's been acting like he can't stand me being here. Well, he doesn't have to worry about me now.

   I walk downstairs with my bags and keys making Tyler look at me confused. "Are you leaving, Aunt Logan?" He asks opening the door for me.

  I nod and walk toward my car. "Yes, I have business to take care of and now since you seem like you don't need me anymore, I can give you the space you need," I put my bags in the trunks before searching for my phone.

  "Oh shoot! Can you go get my phone real quick, please? It's on my bed," I softly ask making him frown and nod before speeding to go get it.

  I rearrange my bags to make sure the trunk closes before shutting it. I hope I got everything. I'm pretty sure I do. That boy is for sure taking his sweet time. Finally he comes out of the house with my phone in his hand.

"Here you go. Um, can you drop me off at the boarding house?" Tyler says then asks as he hands me my phone and I nod.

  "Sure, come on," I tell him noticing he's acting weird. We got in the car and I drive him to the Salvatore house.

    "Aunt Logan, you know I'll always need you. I'm sorry if I've been acting like I don't lately. It's just.... I'm still processing the whole break up. You know?" He says sadly and I look at him with a sad frown after parking in front of the house.