Fruit of the Poisoned Tree part 2

Logan's POV:

I walk up the stairs with a large bowl of cold water and a rag towards Hayley's room. She's been running a fever after getting poked.

   "I got the stuff," I announce as I walk into the room where Rebekah is taking care of Hayley. They give me a brief smile and a nod.

   I hand the bowl over to Rebekah and the rag then watch as she dips it into the bowl before carefully dabbing it on Hayley's forehead.

I can see the brief look of relief on Hayley's face when the cold rag connects with her skin making me smile sympathetically. "Do you have a fan around here?" I ask feeling Hayley's cheeks and feel how hot they are.

  Little beads of sweat are sliding down her face. "I-I don't think so. Klaus doesn't really care for fans because he's always on the go," Rebekah tells me with a roll of her eyes.

  I sigh, that man needs to be more prepared on things. I grab the magazine and begin fanning the poor woman.

Hayley grunts in discomfort making Rebekah and I frown worriedly. "I feel like I've been microwaved," she sighs roughly.

"Hey, just because you're carrying two babies doesn't mean you get to act like one. I'm sure my little nieces are healing you up as we speak," Rebekah jokes trying to lighten the mood and it works by Hayley's small smile on her face.

   Oh yeah, they definitely like each other. I set my hand on Hayley's arm before concentrating really hard and gasp quietly as I take away some of her pain.

She sighs and they both look at me then my arm where black veins are traveling up my hand and up my arm.

"How are you doing that?" Hayley questions with her eyebrows furrowed

"How are you doing that?" Hayley questions with her eyebrows furrowed. I grunt softly before pulling my hand away while breathing heavily.

  "It's a trick I've learned while traveling with my old pack. I can take pain away from someone who's in pain. Just like I did with you," I explain gesturing with my hand to her arm.

   Hayley sighs, "thank god for that. Thank you, Logan." I nod with a smile before turning to the doorway as I hear footsteps heading towards us.

  Elijah and I believe the witch Sophie comes in making Rebekah speed to her feet and glare at her. "What the hell is she doing here?" She hissed glaring in hatred.

I stand up to block the witch's view on Hayley. "I'm trying to help," Sophie announces making my lip curl in disgust.

"Help? You're the reason they're in this stupid mess! Trying to use unborn children for your personal gain is disgusting," I snap with a growl rumbling in my chest.

A sweaty hand weakly grabs mine and I glance down seeing Hayley giving me a small weak smile. "Why aren't we unlinked with this bitch already, Elijah?" Rebekah snaps angrily.