Bonus Chapter

He was still getting the hang of having two other people inside his mind. They had melded together pretty well over the last few months, but there was no mistaking some of the personalities and quirks that the brother's refused to let get lost in the mess. 

For one, Caleb's soul had made Cadon absolutely obsessed with fish. They already had four tanks around their living room and had used one of those to upgrade the home of the little feeder fish that Taylor had bought for him awhile ago. 

It now had a few other goldfish as tankmates, and plenty of plants to swim and hide around. 

"Cay! Did you remember to put the chicken strips in the oven?" called Taylor from their bedroom. 

Oh, right. 

He'd gotten too caught up in watching the fish... again.

Grinning, he hurried to the freezer and got their lunch set out on a baking pan, then slid it into the oven, not bothering to wait for the preheat function. He added a pan of french fries after that, then set the timer for twenty-eight minutes. He was more a fan of softer food, but Taylor loved crunchy stuff, so he would gladly cook them a bit longer to make him happier. 

With that done, he walked over to the chalkboard still hanging on the wall between the kitchen and their bedroom and picked up the chalk. 

The fish are doing great and I'm so glad I got to have ramen again last night. 

Beneath that he added;

Thank you for buying the caramel candies. 

Once he set the chalk down Cadon shook his head a bit, then took in a few deep breaths before smiling and reading over the sentences. 

"They really are doing well. You're a great teacher. We'll get real ramen from the place downtown sometime soon, Kay. I'm sure you'll love that even more."

He glanced down at what Nikolai had managed to write and allowed his smile to widen a little. 

"Anytime, man. They were delicious."

Sometimes one of the brothers would just be so present in his mind that he could actually let them control his body just a tiny bit. Most of the time they moved as one, with him having full control of just about everything. The brothers did have a say in things, of course, but they rarely stepped out of their comfortable coexistence they had going on to bother. Besides, their souls were practically already melded together, so a great deal had already been changed with his likes, dislikes, interests, and so on. 

At the small chalkboard was the one time either brother, or rarely both, requested to voice their individual thoughts. If he felt the nudge to do so, he gladly let them pick up the chalk and write out a message. Sometimes they were meant for Taylor and sometimes they were meant for him. 

"You're such a sweetheart," came Taylor's teasing voice as he squeezed his way beneath Cadon's right arm and hugged him as he looked at the chalkboard. 

"Spoiling them, huh?" he said as he looked up with a smirk. 

Cadon chuckled and leaned down, stealing a quick kiss before leaning back and looking past Taylor and into their bedroom. 

"I like it," he said, acknowledging the hard work his boyfriend had done in rearranging stuff so that both of their things could fit nicely into the large room. 

He had actually just moved in with Taylor recently. Of course, he'd been over just about every night the past few months, work permitting, but he'd come to learn that his boyfriend really loved having his own personal space and wasn't the best with physical attention being constantly thrown at him. He didn't used to be so physical, but once he'd taken on both brothers, his want to love on his boyfriend had grown exponentially.