🎶Shoto Todoroki x Mermaid! reader

Requested by XxSadGirl12xX

The young mermaid Princess, Y/n, always had a strong fascination with the world above. Yet they were unable to go, until their eighteenth birthday. So raiding sunken ships will have to do for the time being. So deep in their secret cove, Y/n stared wistfully at the collection over the years.

"Are you okay Y/n," Denki asked his long-time friend.

"Maybe he's right. Maybe there is something the matter with me. I just don't see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be bad," Y/n said with a sad sigh. 

"Look at this stuff
Isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?" 

"Look at this trove
Treasures untold
How many wonders can one cavern hold?
Looking around here you'd think
Sure, she's got everything,"
Y/n sang as they
 delicately places their collection on the shelf.

"I've got gadgets and gizmos a-plenty
I've got whozits and whatzits galore
You want thingamabobs?
I've got twenty!"
Y/n smiled as they showed them off to Denki.

Denki just smiled and nodded, not really seeing the amazing thing. It looked like ordinary trash in his eyes.

"But who cares?
No big deal
I want more.

I wanna be where the people are
I wanna see, wanna see 'em dancin'
Walking around on those, what do you call 'em?"
Y/n asked as they looked at a tiny human figure.

"Ugh? Feet....Maybe?" Denki shrugged.

"Flippin' your fins, you don't get too far
Legs are required for jumping, dancing
Strolling along down the, what's that word again?
Street,"
Y/n sang as they pulled Denki into a small spin.

"Up where they walk, up where they run
Up where they stay all day in the sun
Wanderin' free, wish I could be
Part of that world,"
Y/n smiled as
as they looked at the rest of the cave.

"What would I give if I could live out of these waters?
What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand?
Bet'cha on land they understand
Bet they don't reprimand their daughters
Bright young women, sick of swimmin'
Ready to stand.

And ready to know what the people know
Ask 'em my questions and get some answers
What's a fire and why does it, what's the word?
Burn?"
Y/n continued as they began to swim higher to the ceiling opening.

"When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above?
Out of the sea
Wish I could be
Part of that world,"
Y/n sighed as they slowly sank back down.

Denki didn't really know how to comfort them, so he simply kept her company. And on occasion help look for more human things.

Thankfully their 18th finally came, and they could freely travel to the surface world. The two soon breached the surface, to see the start nigh sky. As Denki awed at the sky, Y/n noticed a boat in the distance.

"Denki Look," Y/n pointed. "Let's go check it out."

"Y/n! Y/n, Wait!" Denki called out she quickly swam after them.

Y/n quickly approached the boat and slowly climbed up the side. the two merpeople, spy through the holes near the deck floor. The two watched as the humans went about the ship, dancing and celebrating. As Y/n looked over the humans as one in particular caught their eye. A prince with Red and white hair. 

Y/n smiles wistfully as the prince slowly approached their side of the boat.

"I'm certain Midoriya. Princess Momo is very lovely, but I don't think she's the one for me," Shoto said to his attendant. 

"Your highness, as much as I would like you to take your time. We both know your father is going to force you," Midoriya said slowly.

The two merpeople leaned against the wall to hide from the humans when suddenly there was a, BOOM! Denki yelped in surprise, as the two jumped back into the Ocean.

"Did you hear that?" Shoto asked.

Y/n looked back up to the surface to see bright colors flash in the sky. Sadly the moment didn't last when the clouds moved in and thunder roared in the night. From under the water, Y/n and Denki watched in worry was white flashes appeared in the sky. Then suddenly a burst of red and orange lit up the night.

The humans panicked and jumped into the water when the boat, soon exploded! Junk and debris fell into the water as Y/n noticed that Shoto was only sinking into the ocean. 

_____________________

Y/n and Denki managed to get Shoto to a nearby shore by morning, and the two stayed by the prince's side to make sure he was okay.

"I-is he dead?" Denki asked nervesly.

"No, look! He's breathing," Y/n said with a sigh of relief. " He's so handsome."

"Um, okay," Denki said slowly.

"What would I give
To live where you are?What would I payTo stay here beside you?What would I do to see youSmiling at me?" Y/n sang quietly.

"Where would we walk?Where would we run?If we could stay all day in the sun?Just you and meAnd I could bePart of your world," Y/n continued as Shoto slowly
opened his eyes to see a figure looking down at him.

As Shoto was about to ask who they were, a familiar voice called out to Shoto. A second figure came into Shoto's, grabbing the other figure by the shoulder. The two soon vanished as he tried to get up, only to see he was alone on the beach.

"Shoto!" Midoriya called as he ran to Shoto's side.

Out in the distance, out of sight from the humans. The two mermaids sat on a rock to watch from a distance. Denki sighed in relief, he turned to his Y/n. Only to see that they still were looking at the human prince.

I don't know whenI don't howBut I know something's starting right nowWatch and you'll seeSomeday I'll bePart of your world!