Chapter 3

Saying "Shh, it's ok, darling; everything will be fine." I was sobbing uncontrollably while lying on my sister Stella's lap, and she was ruffling my hair just as she confronted me. "Stella, I don't want to get married," I said, sneezing. "It's alright; you can speak." A knock on the door interrupted her. She put me gently on my bed after I got up. My mother emerged when she flung open the door. "Malissa, my sweetheart," turns to face me. As she sat on the bed, my mother said this: She said, "Just trust your father; he loves you more than anything," and I slowly turned to face her. 

"He would never make such snap judgments. Since you were eleven years old, you've been talking about getting married. Yes, your father and I agreed that one of our daughters would wed a Yakuza, and as time went on, your dad observed that you had good skills, manners, and behavior in general." She spoke.

"However, what if he doesn't treat me fairly, Mom?" What if he is dating someone? What if I'm rejected by his family? My sacrifices will be for nothing. " As I was currently curled up on my mother's lap, I said this. "My child, do you believe that this behavior could be tolerated in the mafia world? You are untouchable, my love. We sincerely care about your happiness and cherish you, mm." She spoke. I let out a sigh, rose from her lap, and nodded. My sister came over and held my hand while gently creasing it. "Look at me; don't worry; you'll be happy... Despite having five children who are rapidly developing, your dad and I were forced to get married. I'm getting old, oh my." We laughed after she made a dramatic statement. " Come on, let's eat, and then you can go to bed. " She spoke. 

My grandparents were giggling when we went downstairs. " Come to me, Malissa, my tiny one. " According to my grandma, I approached her and sat down. Don't force yourself into this marriage; if you don't want it, let me know," she said while holding my hand. " If your father doesn't listen, I'll tell him and have my stick ready." She chuckled as she said it. My dad and all of my siblings soon arrived. Stella's impending nuptials were the topic of discussion as soon as we sat down; they will take place in six months. Close enough. He added that he would also invite Jeons. Although my twins and brother were perplexed, I let them know that I would clarify later. Following dinner, we went to our room.

"What?" As I described who Jeons would be to my twin and my brothers shortly, Marcudo remarked. " I'm not going to let you leave; you've got to be kidding me." I could see a thin line of tears forming in Selena's eyes as she spoke. She will undoubtedly be upset because she is my twin and has been with me ever since we emerged from our mother's womb, or perhaps even inside. She sobbed as I hugged her. I made an effort to console her but failed.

As soon as they arrived, Marcudo and Brado also surrounded me in a bone-crushing hug. They were all sobbing, and I didn't know what to do. But before I could act, my worried-looking parents rushed over to us. "Hey! What took place? Why are you all so upset?" My mother was gasping for air as she uttered this. "Gosh! I believed something had happened to you, folks. Our father claimed that even though we stood up in front of him, the three crying infants continued to sniffle. Marcudo remarked, "We don't want her to leave, Dad."

"Oh, my sweetheart!" Come on in. My dad rubbed Selena's head while my mom hugged the twins. Dad instructed us to sit after they eventually started to pull away. " I love you all; you are all part of my blood, and I would never allow anyone to harm you, kids. Jungkook is a wonderful man. Malissa would be treated with the respect she deserves. And even if you don't want her to leave, there's no need to worry because she will still see you regularly. Children, don't be concerned." Dad elucidated.

"Now retire to your rooms and get some rest. I need to speak with Malissa for a moment." He spoke. My siblings said goodnight to us and went to bed. My mother came and sat next to me, smiling and holding my hand as she stroked my hair. So, Malissa, what is your response, my love? Dad squatted in front of me and questioned "I trust you, Dad, but make a promise to come get me if I don't want to be there," I muttered. "Of course, baby, now sleep well, princess," my parents chuckled. Mama told me. They rubbed my forehead, and I relinquished myself to the darkness.

As anticipated, Stella's wedding was soon upon us. She was thrilled to have this opportunity to get to know her fiance. She began to love him, and now the wedding will take place in a week. Mom was instructed by her father to prepare for something special. This morning, my mother arrived with five options for me to choose from. She instructed the maids to arrange the mannequins in a tidy manner. I chose a dress that is simple yet elegant and that I will also choose for my twin. It had a mermaid shape and was made of a stretch crepe fabric with sleeveless ruffles at the shoulders. Perfetta!

The time quickly approached. I was more anxious than the bride. I was crippled by social anxiety. It was difficult to interact with the people at first because I was in the mansion constantly. My twin reassured me while holding my hand. She is my twin, but unlike me, she is a complete extrovert, while I am the exact opposite. When my dad arrived, he informed me that the Jeons had arrived and that I should meet them there. I mean, not just me but also my siblings.

Shit! Eight people were standing in the doorway when we arrived. Due to the husband's overzealous protection of his wife, two of them were couples. The two other couples were both elderly, probably in their 70s. As opposed to me, they were grinning at us! The following two were boys, while the first two were girls. While the other exuded a tough aura that scared me, the first one was very warm. The room suddenly felt crowded, and I couldn't help but feel a bit overwhelmed. It was clear that this gathering was going to be more eventful than I had anticipated.