Chapter 8

When I arrived in Montana My Cousins Jamie, Beth and Kacey gave me a hug and then we head to their Ranch called Yellowstone. I haven't been to the Ranch since I was 8 and spent the summer here. It was a far drive to their place but when we arrived I was greated by my Uncle John and my aunt Evelyn. They both gave me a hug and then I left with Beth up where my room would be. As soon as I put my stuff in my room I headed downstairs and straight to the Barn to see my horse Savannah she is a buckskin mustang and she was the first horse I ever broke in myself. Savannah is very picky about who rides and gets to touch her she only really likes me as I have earned her trust. Because no one can really touch her but me her main is really long and she still looks untamed.

 Because no one can really touch her but me her main is really long and she still looks untamed

I quickly head over to her years and as soon as she sees me she canters over. I slowly pat her face and gently put her halter on leading her over to the tie-up post. I then head to the stables and get my tack and put it on her. When she is all saddled up and quickly puts her bridle on and hop on her. I ride her into the massive sand Arena and start to work her, As I am riding her a group of cowboys come riding back into the yard obviously done with work for the day. I continue working Savvanah while to cowboys unsaddle their horses and then watch. I see some Barrels set up around the arena and get ready to do them not before I quickly ride over to the cowboys and hand them my phone with a timer already set on it.

"Hey, would you mind timing me please?" I asked

"sure thing" the guy replied and then I trotted away and started to barrels.

(watch from 2:07 -2:41)

After I finish my run I walk Savannah over to the cowboy and he hands me my phone where I read my time. I am pleased with the time so decide to go unsaddle her and give her a brush. After I finish brushing her I put her in a stable and give her some dinner while I put her rugs on. I then head back up to the house and go and have a shower before it's time for dinner. I head up to my room and quickly find my clothes before heading into the on-suite and stripping while the shower starts to run. I have a shower and wash my hair before getting out and putting on some fresh clothes.