Chapter 2: I didn't even know if I was on his 'Hated List' or not.

When I went home that day, I found it empty and a note was left for me in the kitchen. It was from my parents. It ran something like this:

Sorry, had an emergency at the hospital. We won’t be back before tomorrow morning. Food is ready in the oven. Take Care, sweetie. We Love you.

-Mum and Dad

I realized after reading it that probably the ‘love you’ part was because they were not able to be there for the night. Very deep inside me, I did feel sad. But I covered it up saying to myself that, they were helping someone.

As I didn’t have anyone to share my good news with, I decided to call my brother. He picked up on the third ring.

“Hello,” he sounded flushed and tired, as if I had waked him up from his sleep. Its then I realized that it as probably late at night, where he was.

“Hey Nick, its Nichole,” I informed him.

“Hey sis. How’s it going? Where are mum and dad?”

“They are out in the hospital. I have some good news, you remember about that inter-house competition in Bradford?”

“Oh again? And yah I do. The same one you have been applying to since the last few years, right?” No matter how down I felt. I knew that talking to my brother would always help. He always cared about me more than anyone else, and I knew that he always will.

“Exactly that one. I got selected into it this year.”

“Oh My Gosh! Congratulations, Nichole! I’m so happy for you! You finally got in!” He genuinely looked pleased and happy. It felt good to have a family member be happy for you. Yah sure, Violet, Rachael and Susannah were happy for me. But it’s a different feeling to have a family member be happy for you.

“Thank you! It feels so surreal! Do you think that I would be able to meet up to there expectations?” I just had to ask him that.

“Of course you will. You are the best dancer I ever saw. You will exceed all f ours expectations. I know it, Nichole. You will do great!”

“Will you. . .Will you be able to come here for it?”

“I’ll try me best to OK. I’ll speak to mum and dad about it. Speaking of which, do they know it?”

“Not yet. I’ll tell them tomorrow, they are probably in the O.R. or something right now.”

“OK, but Nichole, don’t be discouraged by this okay? All of us here for you right now to celebrate this even if they are not. Just remember that they still love you. And are doing what they are doing just to help people, okay?”

“Okay. I’m sorry I disturbed your sleep.”

“Its alright silly. Sleep doesn’t matter right now. And be safe okay? Remember to lock the doors okay?”

“I’m not a child!”

“I know, I know. But still you are my little sister. Be safe. I’m hanging up now. Bye.”

“Bye” I say and hanged up as well.

-*-

School was not the same the next day. It seemed like my acceptance to perform in inter-house was known to all. Though how, I didn’t know. Everyone seemed to have two groups: one supporting me and encouraging me and the other discouraging me. Of course I tried my best ignore them, and I did, with the help of my best friends.

During the school day, the thing that kept nagging me was that: What if I wasn’t compatible with the other dancer? I tried my best to even ignore that, but was hardly successful in doing so.

Most of that day went in a blur, and now here I was, in a car with my principal. To say it was weird would be an understatement.

All through the ride, I was sweating profusely even though the air conditioner was switched on. My glossophobia was coming into the way again. I didn’t know how I was supposed to talk to the other principal and dancer.

My principal, being the kind lady that she was reassured me time and again that it would be alright. That she would do all the talking with the other principal and it would be alright.

It increased so much, that I was even afraid of getting down the car, when we reached the High School. Princi was the master of handling these things, so what she did was handed me a chocolate bar and lured me out of her car. I just couldn’t handle the lust of chocolate, even in a life or death situation.

The High School was not very different from our Middle School. Only larger and with more students it seemed.

By the time we reached the school, the school was over, so not many were in there, other than the ones having detention or extra classes.

“It will be alright.” Principal assured me one last time before, entering the other Principal’s office.

“Its nice to meet you, Mrs. Jones,” The other principal, whose name I collected was Mr. Fredrick, said before shaking hands with our principal.

“Same here, Mr. Fredrick. Here this is Miss. Nichole May Adams, the participant selected from our school,” She politely informed him.

“And there is our participant,” he said pointing behind me. I suddenly became aware of someone breathing down my neck. In a swift move I turned around and got the surprise of my life when I saw, that it was none other that our in-house Ryan. I didn’t know what to feel. I didn’t know if I should feel happy or sad. It was a pro that I already knew my opposite dancer, sure but it was a con that it was Ryan Reynolds. I was driving in a tunnel of mixed emotions at that time.  I didn’t hate him, no I didn’t. I knew that for sure. But I didn’t see him as a friend. Heck I didn’t even see him as an acquaintance. I had not talked to him in four months. I had not seen him for the same period of time. I didn’t even know if I was on his ‘Hated List’ or not. So I didn’t know what to judge. I guess, I’ll just have to wait and see. And if nothing comes of it, well a new start is always an option.

XXDitDXX

A/N

Hey so, how do you like the chapter? I hope you liked it even though I couldn't edit it or read through it. 

I'm not exactly feeling too well right now, so I'm going to keep this short. Next update will be on next thurday, and that is if I get better and write up the next chapter. In all honesty I'm feeling like hell now. So I have a feeling that this chapter is like that too. I don't know. I'll probably edit it later.

Please vote if you liked it and let me know what you think in the comments. I think that you all are going to love what is coming enxt. And what do you all think about Ryan being her partner? I thnk it was a bit obvious, but I guess that's just me.

Dedicated to @dreamsmadereal

And there is this awesome picscam attached to the top made by @_grimm Check it out its too awesome. And I'm pretty sure I needed to write something here but I'm forgetting it.

Fun Fact: Its not exactly fun, but yah I have got the rest of the story all planned.

Suggestion: The Great Gatby. I just watched that film and I really liked it. So I'm planning on reading it now.

Elena