Prolouge

The song used for this chapter is Uptown Funk by Uptown Funk. You can find it attached it this chapter.

-*-

Dancing is something that comes naturally to me; but socializing? Not so. So when I was literally forced by my parents to attend my brother's friend's graduation party, I had little choice but to go, and my brother, Nick, had little choice but reluctantly to take me.

So here I was, entering an "adult supervised party" which I was sure would suck, with my brother and his girlfriend, trying to "socialize".

The first thing I saw upon entering was that the party was not like the ones my brother always told me about (being an eighth grader I had little notion about parties). Nick, my brother, always told me that parties were wild with people madly dancing and making out. Here people were calmly sitting and chatting their time away. There was a stage where my brother's high school band was singing. Nothing wild in sight.

"Hey," Rick, my brother's friend, says as he nears us. He first hugs my brother and shakes hands with Sam then turns to me, "You are one grown girl, Nichole."

"I am?" I shrug and he picks me up, twirling me in an air embrace.

"You are and beautiful too," he concludes as he puts me back on ground.

I just smile at him. To clear things up, Rick has known me since I was a child, courtesy of my brother.

"Ryan's back, guys," Rick announces to the three of us.

"Must be a grown up lad." Nick smirks while Sam and I smile at this piece of information.

You see, Ryan is Rick's younger brother, who left for America with his grandma at the age of five, when I was four, so of course I don't remember him. But my brother adored that guy, probably more than he does me, as I've heard, and Ryan returns his adoration with the same capacity. They have been in touch all through the ten years that had passed. And now finally he had returned back to his parents.

"Take a seat." Rick motions me and leaves with my brother and Sam, leaving me alone.

Having nothing to do, I do what I am told and take a seat, gazing at all the couples dancing in the platform. I wished I could have been there dancing, but oh well. Rather absentmindedly I start swaying my feet to the rhythm of music, and I think that's what attracted his attention.

He was moving along the way where I was sitting, probably to a table, when he stopped and turned to me. He had light brown disheveled hair with streaks of gold. His eyes were the same color as his hair, only deeper and contained a certain sparkle. He had tanned skin, which was an unlikely thing for someone living in Bradford. He was wearing a blue jeans and a white shirt, which when combined with his rest of the attire gave him a kind of edge. He looked a year or two older than me. It seemed like I had seen him somewhere, only I couldn't place where.

"May I?" he asks, pushing out the opposite to me. I just nod. He sits himself down and gazes at me, as if examining me. "You are Nichole?"

Dancing In The DarkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara