Snacks and showers

(Small warning, there is a very very small part that may be appear to be a tiny bit sexual. Nothing much is said at all though just a heads up in case that may make anyone uncomfortable.)

After the extreme meltdown his new imp friend had, Barley knew for a fact that she had the exact curse he was talking about with Ian only last night. He could hardly believe it, he was holding this cursed girl right in his very arms, he simply let her in his house without even knowing the truth. It seems like her crying came to an end thankfully, he was lucky he was able to pull through enough to get her to calm down. There was a bit of a lingering silence as he held onto her, she was cold as death and the fact Barley was still wet didn't help him in that regard either. He may have been freezing but he kept holding her tight. "You...feeling any better?" He asks with a bit of a shiver.

Izzy slowly pulled back from Barley, sitting right beside him as she wipes the moisture from her eyes. "...n-no." She says before suddenly trying to correct herself. "I mean- y-yeah! I'm...better. I am sorry for being so dramatic...I know how disgusting it is."

The elf quickly shook his head as he wrapped his arm across her shoulder. "N-no! Don't worry about it! We all get that way sometimes right? I'm just sorry I made you cry to begin with."

Izzy sniffles a bit, looking up at Barley with huge glowing eyes. "R-really?" She asks with a trembling voice.

Barley nodded his head as he helps the poor girl up. "Yeah, really." He slowly began to examine her, seeing just how dirty she was. He carefully pulls a twig out of her hair. "And uh...I'm not the kinda guy who freaks out about hygiene or whatever but I think you could use a shower to try and warm up. I'll give your clothes a quick wash and dry too while you're in!" Izzy stares at him for a moment as he took her by the hand and lead her to the bathroom. "You do know how showers work right?"

Izzy looks back at him, she nodded her head ever so slightly.

Barley smiles at her. "And uh...it might take a while for your clothes to dry up but that's ok cause I got you covered!" He rushed back into his bedroom quickly and grabbed onto a shirt of his along with some jeans. They would most certainly be baggy but he was willing to give it a shot. He quickly rushed back to the bathroom, revealing a graphic tshirt with a skull made of crystals on it. "Pretty cool right? Might be a bit big on ya but it should be cozy." He chucked the clothes at the imp, expecting her to catch them. However she didn't even make an effort to do so, instead they flop over her body. Barley shivers a bit, still feeling cold. He could use a hot shower himself but he wanted her to go first. "Anyway, you go ahead, I'll just be hanging out in the living room, ok? If there is anything you need just let me know." And with that he closed the door although he didn't leave just yet, he wanted to make sure she was having a shower and not doing anything like trying to escape or injure herself. He soon heard the taps turn on though and the sound of water running out the pipes. He sighed in relief as he went to try and clean up the mess they made with their muddy footprints. As he started to clean up, thoughts of all kinds rushed through his head. 'I can't believe it...I can't believe I've actually met someone with the breaking soul curse!'

He grabbed onto a wet washcloth and began to rub it over the stains of mud on the floor, still thinking about the cursed imp. 'But...that means I'm gonna put all of us in danger...I can't just abandon her though...that'll only make it way worse and make the curse all the more powerful...' he glanced over at a frame on the wall, showing him a picture of him and his little brother. 'But...how am I supposed to keep everyone safe if she is so...if she's so....'

Barley angrily scrunched up the washcloth in his hands, he wasn't sure what he should do. "Argh!" He threw the cloth into the corner of the room out of frustration. "Damn it..."