A promise has been made

Barley was nervous to have to face Izzy after what he's heard. But regardless, he still managed to force a smile on his face as he entered his bedroom. "Hey." He greeted in a whisper so his family won't hear them.

Although he was smiling the cursed girl can tell there was something off about his expression, she can see the discomfort in his eyes. "...what's....wrong?" She asked lifelessly.

Barley gulps a little bit as he shook his head. "N-nothing is wrong, young maiden! Nothing at all! I just uh...had to help my Mom with packing the groceries that's all."

Izzy continued to examine his face, this was the first time she was willing to make direct eye contact with him. Usually when they had to exchange looks it was always Barley who was the first to start staring into her eyes. It was like she was trying to analyse something, however she said nothing else.

Just then, the door opened up. Barley jumped out of his skin as he saw his mother peering in, Izzy was just behind the door. "Hey, Barley. You feeling ok?" Laurel asks sweetly.

Barley's eyes darted back towards Izzy and then again back to his mother. "Um- I'm perfectly fine, Mom! A good warrior just needs to rest every now and then."

Laurel sighs in relief, it wasn't like him to actually willingly take it easy. Usually if he ever got sick he would keep pushing himself to the point he passes out. "Well I'm glad to hear you've finally learned that lesson. Just lay down ok? I'll let you know when dinner is ready. If you need anything just let me know."

Barley nodded his head, as much as he did love her he desperately wanted her to leave right here and now. "Worry not, mother. I am alright, really. But I suggest leaving me be before you catch my cold." Barley stated, he was hoping that would be enough to leave him alone but before she left she took a step in and kissed Barley on the cheek, making him panic a bit now that she was actually in the room. Izzy was only a foot away from her, watching the two with huge blue eyes. It was uncomfortable to say the least. Barley isn't the type to get embarrassed by his mother but he did feel a bit awkward to be seen getting a small peck on the cheek in front of a stranger. Especially if that stranger is someone around his age. "M-Mom! What did I just say?! Getting close to me like that is a risk!" Barley blurted out.

It was by even more dumb luck that Laurel didn't see Izzy, she stayed focused on her son. "Oh relax, I'm fine. You just take it easy Alright?" Barley nodded his head, as soon as Laurel gave her son a little kiss on the cheek she simply left the room and closed the door behind her. Barley sighed in relief, it felt like he was holding his breath the entire time.

"W-will do." Barley mumbled out awkwardly. Knowing that Izzy was there to witness him getting babied by his mother, Barley shyly hid his face in his hands and groaned a little bit. "Mmmmgh......t-that was uh- that was just m-my mother...I guess my room isn't exactly a safe place to keep you in after all...they will be checking in on me I'm afraid."

Izzy simply stood there and watches Barley a little more, the elf began to wonder what would be the best course of action. "Hang on...I'll think of something....Aha! I got just the place! Oh you're just gonna love her!" Barley said gleefully.

Izzy was silent most of the time so it was always a bit surprising to hear her speak up. Sometimes Barley forgets she is actually able to talk at all. It seems like he was able to peak her interests, clearly he was able to connect with the deeper depths of her soul which was slowly dying out. Something in her that's so strong it couldn't vanish just yet. "Her who?" She asks.

Barley looked all the more excited, he knew that this would be the perfect place to keep her safe. No one would look for her in there and she will be cozy enough too. But most importantly she is further away from his family and not as big as a threat. He would be able to keep on experimenting her and studying up about her curse too. All without the extreme risk of getting caught and all without the risk of hurting his loved ones. He also didn't just want to have to kick her out, all alone and scared, he knew that people will not understand she is cursed and may try to press charges against her instead of find a way to break it. "Come with me, I'll show ya...but...we're gonna have to be really sneaky..." Barley began to think for a moment, he couldn't let anyone spot them. Luckily Izzy was quite small, it would be easy to smuggle her anywhere. That is when an idea popped in Barley's head. "Got it!" He grabbed ahold of her and stretched out his shirt over her, it was nice and baggy so it was able to fit the two, just barely though. Barley would sometimes do this with Blazey, usually if he is wearing a hoodie or something to help keep her warm and as a way to show affection. Although the difference was incredibly noticeable but if he can dash out fast enough the others wouldn't notice, they wouldn't be able to see there was something under his shirt.