Pumpkin

Izzy and Barley stopped by a food place to have something to eat. It was only 11 in the morning but since they woke up so early they were feeling pretty hungry. There was a decent little cafe within the zoo, between the lack of sleep and the awful nightmares Barley could feel his energy was slowly starting to drain. It was rare for him considering how hyper he tends to be most times, perhaps it was the stress getting to him as well. Regardless he knew a coffee would be the perfect thing to perk him up. The duo waited in line for a moment, the imp was still furious from before with those rude kids. "Man, I dunno about you but I'm starving! I hope this line moves along soon enough cause I just might pass out from hunger." Barley said dramatically, he was making a joke but he was truthfully feeling pretty hungry. "So tell me, fair maiden. What is it you wish to feast upon? And by that I mean besides the souls of those two douchebags we bumped into before."

Izzy was still pouting but once the question had occurred she finally began to focus on something else. She tried to look past the line, to try and see what was on the menu and what was in the display case. Since she was so short though it was hard. "Well what do they have here?" She asks, moving side to side just to get a glance. Barley realised how Izzy was trying to take a look. He casually picks her up and held her higher so she can see, a small startled squeak could be heard from her. "W-what're you doing?" She asks, sounding very confused and a tiny bit distressed.

"What do your imp eyes see?" Barley asks, imps tend to have pretty good eyesight.

Izzy looks ahead and was able to see a few things in the display case. Some ready made sandwiches, fries in a heated area along with some fish, delicious looking cakes and muffins as well as chopped up fruits placed in little buckets. "I think I can see something chocolaty." Izzy says, her eyes focused on the small chocolate cakes covered with chocolate icing.

Barley chuckles a bit, recalling the day he found her. When he got her to eat for the first time her drink of choice was chocolate milk. He knew for sure she must have a sweet tooth. "I take it that's what you want then?" Barley asks.

Izzy nodded her head as the elf carefully places her back down, smiling endearingly at her as he did. "As long as there's no walnuts in them." Izzy stated.

Barley couldn't help but get a little bit curious after hearing this, he wanted to know almost every single detail about her. She just seemed so fascinating after all and he was falling for her as well. "I take it that you must be allergic?"

The imp lightly nodded her head, groaning a little as well. "Yeah...it's a curse cause most desserts tend to have them now. It's not fair!" She stomped her foot a little, like a small angry jackelope.

Barley felt bad for her in that regard but the way she acted was so funny at the same time, adorable even. "Yeah, I'm afraid that seems to be the case. There is a risk of there being traces of them after all. Back in the old days things weren't all mashed together in some big ol factory so there wasn't much to worry over things like "traces" back then. Course they didn't have any shots to help so many would perish when having an allergic reaction, least if they were lucky enough to have a wizard alley who can cast a healing spell on them."

Izzy looks up at Barley. "Oh no! I'm not that allergic. Possible traces are fine...it's just if I eat a walnut straight up my throat swells up as if I just swallowed an entire bee hive and they all stung me on the way down." Izzy stated. "Plus for some reason it's mostly just walnuts. I can eat almonds just fine and they do literally nothing to me."

"Huh, that IS weird." Barley says with a light chuckle. Walnuts have become quite trendy from where Izzy came from, hence why so many desserts contain them now. That is what she was referring too in that moment. With her statement though, Barley was able to notice she seemed a bit sassy at times, maybe she had a sense of humour hidden in there after all?