тнє ωσяℓ∂ тнαт ωє ℓινє ιη

I tapped my fingers in a constant rhythm, syncing with the soothing music that was flooding my senses. I saw how the city symbolized chaos, the hustle, the noise and then focused on the harmony my earphone was playing in my ears.

I sat in the local bus, travelling from my work place to my home. A small smile played on my lips as my favourite song played, making me relive all of my best memories, the song being 'Jeete Hain Chal' sung by the amazing Kavita Seth.

The song has been my go to song ever since it's release, kind of just motivates me to live. Every time I feel low, feel like dying I listen to this melody and I am filled with another sort of pulsing energy motivating me to just live and go on with life, face all the hardships and emerge a warrior.

I frowned as the song paused, the ring of an incoming call irritating me now more than ever but my expression immediately morphed into one of happiness as I saw who was calling, Avinash.

Avinash was the love of my life, I wouldn't say soulmate because I certainly am not sure but something inside me always told me, he is my forever. I picked up the phone hoping to tell him all about my day but as soon as the voice on the opposite end spoke, my face contorted into one of horror.

"Hello?" I heard and was shook out of my reverie. I blinked my eyes rapidly forcing myself to not cry. "Yes, yes maa. I'll be there.....I'll be there soon," I said and felt my throat choke up. I tried to convince myself otherwise and consoled myself, my brain continuously saying 'Avinash is my forever' to me as the song replayed.

Jeete Hain Chal, Jeete Hain Chal, Jeete Hain Chal...........

I felt myself suffocate and quickly shot out of my seat walking up to the bus conductor. I needed songs, couldn't turn them off or I would turn insane with the news. The bus conductor looked at me confused as I said "Bhaiya, bus rok do, please."

Before I got my hopes up I could see the negative bead shake of the conductor and my hunch was confirmed when he said "Sorry madam, bus nahi ruk sakti, waise hi late chal rahi hai."

I begged him again saying "Bhaiya, please, emergency hai. Please. Side mein rok do main chali jaungi." Everyone was staring at me, talking amongst themselves about how I was acting insane and as if I was the only one with problems.

I sat back down again, my leg bouncing due to stress as tears streamed down my face, Aisa Kyun Maa now playing on my phone. The phone rang again as the same number called me again. "It's getting serious," my mother said causing my heart to break and the phone was disconnected again.

Teri Nazar Se Mujhe Dekhe Na Jahaan, Duniya Ko Toh Daategi Na, Daategi Na Maa?.......

The conductor denied yet again. I don't know what overcame me but just a quick glance at the open door and I was already walking towards it, prepared to jump out of the moving bus. I had to get there as fast as possible, no matter what.

I jumped out before anyone could stop me and ran along the direction of the bus, slowing down my pace as and when I moved away from the bus. Thank god for the red signal ahead that the bus had slowed down a bit too.

I felt a sudden impact on my body and felt myself being thrown ahead due to the force. I heard a sickening crack before it felt as if my world had come to a standstill for the second time in the day, but this time it seemed legit, it seemed real. My eyes fluttered close as I heard the song playing through the earpiece in a faint way, as if being disconnected. Was it her disconnected from life or just the earpiece from the device was the question.

Ab Tu Chhupa Le, Paas Bula Le, Mann Hai Akela Yaha........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
A huge crowd gathered around the lying body of the girl who had been hit. People recording, some examining her and some calling the ambulance and the police. The driver of the car that hit her stopped and came as soon as possible picking her up and making her sit inside his car. He noticed the cracked earpiece in her ear and threw it away after her placing ber inside the car. The songs she had been listening to started playing through the speaker of the phone but the man could care less about it as he drove her to the hospital as fast as possible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't open my eyes, everything feeling numb except the constant chatter of someone begging her to be alive. I felt myself moving every now and then due to the short breaks and speed breakers. I was too tired to think about my situation, too tired to care about myself. The only thing running in my head was Avinash.

Ek Zindagi Meri, Sau Khwaishaan, Main Puri, Main Puri, Main Puri Kara

Right now, I only had one wish, let Avinash live.

And thinking of this she slept, forever.

Avinash felt being filled with life again as she felt being drained of it, for him.

After all, he was her forever, even if she wasn't his.

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩

Songs used:
-Jeete Hain Chal by Kavita Seth (Neerja)
-Aisa Kyun Maa by Sunidhi Chauhan (Neerja)
-Ek Zindagi by Tanishka Sanghavi and Sachin-Jigar (Angrezi Medium)

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩

Heyy! Guess who's back?

Question for all readers, silent or not: If ever someone (Niyati25) wrote a book on the life of Avinash after this, would you all read it?