Let's play Soccer

I went throughout school thinking about what she had said. She hadn't revealed her name yet I was already dreaming up beautiful names that she might be called. After about 30minutes of day dreaming I snapped out of it and thought to myself,why bother if she wants me to know she'll tell me.

As the bell to commence the last period rang, Matt came strolling with a grin on his face into class and sank next to me. The type of grin he had put me into a very suspicious mood.
"What are you grinning about?" I hissed
"Oh nothing that concerns you" he said without putting out the grin.
"You're really starting to annoy me" I hissed angrily. I had a strong suspicion that he was talking about my 'standoff' with the new girl earlier on. I had tolerated it from other people but from my best mate, it made me boil inside. Did I ever tell you my surname I don't really think so but now's not the time for that now was the time to teach my friend a lesson. As class went on when the teacher wasn't looking and Matt being Matt and getting djstracted by girls,I tied his shoe laces to the chair and laughed silently to myself.

This was going to be good

At the end of class everyone stood up at once as if we were in the army-ugh I hated the order-and ran out. Well most of us that is,except Matt. Ohh how I loved that sweet revenge when he fell face first onto the floor.
"Hey clumsy get up" I snickered
"I would if you stopped being such a girl and untie what you did" he groaned. Being the good friend I am I untied it and helped him up.
"Not cool die slowly Jarryd" he grumbled.
"Oh I sure will" I sneered."So where we going to Matt, paintball or laser zone?"
"I don't know man we'll make a plan at the car. As we were walking out of school to the car, newbie came in front of us and said"Hey guys just curious what are your names?" I couldn't believe such a beautiful girl was standing in front of me and asking for my name,but I also couldn't believe she had the nerve time after this morning.
"Well I do have a name but I'd lime to know yours first"I said.
"N-nevermind my friend here he's just being an idiot....well by name is Matthew A.K.A Matt and this is Jarryd, just Jarryd" Matt said winking at me.
"Nice to meet you I know you're both wondering who I am but,"she said smiling at us"that's for another day." Then she just walked away leaving us wondering still who she was, but that thought didn't stay long because she turned around and came back,and she asked the most wierd question ever actually I don't think it was a question more like an invite.
"Let's play soccer."she said smiling at us.
"You play soccer?" I asked surprised.
"Yeah" she said.
"Well um okay so where should we play?" I later realized I wasn't thinking straight because we were still at school,and that later was right now. Matt and the newbie turned in the direction of the pitch and only then did I realize how stupid a question I had asked.
"Oops" I said quietly whilst blushing slightly.
"But where's the ball?" Matt asked.
"Good question, Yeah um... " this situation was pretty awkward since we didn't know her name yet.
"Call me Dee for now,I only tell those I trust my name."
"Okay,so Dee where's the ball" I asked.
"It's in my rucksack but let's walk down to the pitch. "
"Cool beans." I said. As we walked down to the pitch there was an awkward silence that came over us that no-one dared to try break. I guess the silence got really bad because she stopped and said, "what's wrong with you guys can't you guys like talk more?" It sounded like she was full of frustration that I began to cringe up.
"We can but don't really know you so it's hard to think of a neutral topic." I said .
"Well you could start by asking me about myself"she said,as if it was obvious. How i hated the way girls thought at times.
"So tell me about yourself " Matt said as if nothing had happened.
As it turned out she had moved from Massachusetts because her dad had found a job in these parts.... sadly she didn't have a mother because her parents were divorced... shame. But her mom did visit from time to time.

Ironically we didn't end up playing soccer that afternoon I was really curious on how she would play but all that went out the window when she started talking. She could've gone on forever because nit only was she beautiful but she had a wonderful voice,
"Oh look at the time I best get home before dad starts worrying"she said.
I was really crushed but tried not show it, "okay so Um..talk tomorrow? "
"Well yeah if you actually approach me. "She sniggered back.
"Yeah!" Said Matt a bit too enthusiastic for my liking. As she walked I wondered if maybe she had forgiven me, aww well that's for another day. Hopefully this was the beginning to a good friendly relationship between us. Dee truly was pretty.

-

A/n - hey so sorry for posting so late and also so sorry about the short chapters I'm working on making them longer and posting on time.I was busy at school with tests and consultation all so stressful hopefully now I can start posting on time. Please keep reading and endorsing my book thanks to all my readers.....and please vote I need them.