Chapter 2 #First impressions matter

That day I got home an angry man. I dashed up the stairs to my room with Matthew hot on my heals saying that I should have acted more mature and looked away. The torture was too much,it was the talk of the school.

"Shut up!" I told Matt.

"Well it's not my fault you were stupid enough to stare on,we all saw her,we all saw beauty but you were the only one that stared on."

"It's gone and dusted,tomorrow is a different day hopefully I can make a better second impression."

#

I woke up this morning thinking about what I was going to say, how I was going to make up for the previous day and mostly about how beautiful she looked. I jumped out of bed with these thought in my head. As I'm walking into my bathroom to shower I heard the sound of the front door clicking ...either my father had just arrived or my mother was leaving. It seemed like they were always trying to avoid each other these days, I had a suspicion they wanted a divorce. I shook it off as a bad omen... Stepped out of the bathroom and realised only when I was lying on my bed that through all my thinking I'd forgotten to wipe down. Pissed off that now not only was my first impression ruined from the previous day but my bed was a wet as a little pool I changed, went downstairs and walked out the house not even bothering about eating breakfast. Full of adrenaline I jumped into my car (some 2003 Porsche) and drove like bitch to school.People respected me and I needed to gain that respect back.

When I got to school it was almost empty. There was only the janitor's car and a few of the gym boys. I decided to to join them,a little exercise would help me lose my anger and stress. Only when i set foot in that gym did i realize that everyone knew, and i was famous as the guy that 'stared'. I really hated myself at that moment and i wanted to curl up and die. Instead i walk with pride and confidence into the gym and got myself ready for insults and for gymming.
"Oi, Jawbreaker how's the stare going today!"
"Hahaha you still want to freak the newbie out?"
"Getting ready to punch her now I see"
All the gym boys were laughing at me throwing insults like there was no tomorrow. After some time i started to ignore them and block their voices in my head. Twenty minutes later i was walking out,going to class,when a smaller body hit me. It only registered to me after a few seconds that this was the new girl and as it registered i felt my mouth getting ready to open wide,again. I quickly turned away and said a silent sorry to her but that didn't stop all the sniggers coming my way from the onlookers that couldn't be left out of the issue. As she started walking again she stopped for a moment,turned around and said audibly enough for me only to hear,
"First impressions matter and you blew the only impression that I could count on,at least you did a bit better for your second impression."
She walked away hurriedly leaving me glued to the spot and wondering about how I was going to regain my charisma now. Of course more people had heard and not only me and by the end of school the whole school knew. I guess first impressions do matter because now I was on the the road to failure.