Chapter 8: C.H.E.R.U.B.S

Y/n POV

Two days have passed since the angels attacked me. I don't know how much of an impact it'll have but I hope nothing major would come out of it. As long as it doesn't complicate my mission then it won't matter.

I stand in my bathroom looking over the wounds I sustained. My arms and stomach took the most damage. Holding a revolver is hard much less aiming and shooting it. My stomach is relatively fine aside from me taking it slow and easy. I won't be able to take any contracts for the time being so I'll have to stay behind and heal up.

At least I'll finally have a chance to clean my guns and repair any damage they have. With fresh bandages and clothes I left for work.

The way there was less noisy than usual. There are less sinners than there should be. Strange but then again the exterminator angels have been more aggressive these last few years. Even still this is unusual. I'm going have to stay more on guard just to be safe.

Eventually I made it to work and I checked in. Everyone was doing there own thing while snuck inside and I went to my corner. It was all normal right now. Blitzo was finding channels to shoot, Moxxie and Millie were doing couple things as usual, and Loona was looking at her phone again.

They seemed to not notice me so decided to stay back and let them be. I took out my revolvers and inspected them. Mercy and oblivion were covered in grime and dirt from the forest and my rifle scope was damaged. I need to get a new lens for it.

For the next hour nothing major happened we all were just relaxing in our own way. Though I did see a commercial about three angels helping the humans because they are "nice" and that's what angels are.

What a load of bullshit. Heaven is a complete joke. In order to get in you need to be a virgin or loyal husband/father. Have no sins. Vow to stay a virgin no matter what. And finally obey the rules of heaven and their virtues. So many laws to abide by and yet only the rich and stuck up go there.

I have seen what faith can do to a person. I have seen angels trick humans into committing grave crimes against one another. The only reason why I ever pray to god is to calm down the Angel inside of me. When I was corrupted a piece of the Angel burrowed into my mind creating a second personality. Now I struggle every day to it in check.

When I'm safe from the Angel of my mind I condemn both god and heaven for cursing me with my existence. If I ever had the chance to tear heaven from the sky and into the ground I would take it in a heartbeat but it's impossible that's why when I finally complete my mission I will take my own life to save everyone from myself.

To risk going feral with the Angel inside I will most surely kill everyone I know.

I look to Loona as she stares at her phone at ease.

'I'm sorry Loona if I wasn't cursed with this then maybe we could've been something. But that is a impossible dream with a tragic end."

No one's POV

Y/n's train of thought was brought to a halt when the a piece of wall behind Moxxie caved in due to an unknown force. Everyone was taken aback by this unknown individual and their actions. They entered the office with a ridiculous yet regal entrance as they introduced themselves to the group.

His name was Dr. loopty a millionaire scientist. Walking over the now crushed Moxxie begging for help while being ignored. He engaged in conversations with the group but mainly focusing on Blitzo. Though loud and hyper he asks us to kill his partner what seems to be for revenge. Or that is what he is implying through body movements and vocal tone.

During this moment in time another attack fell upon y/n. Grunting and holding his head hiding his pain from everyone.

"No. I. Am. In. Control." He says trying to suppress the sounds of pain and agony.