One

"Hello?"

"Hello?"

"Yes?"

"Who is this?"

"Who are you trying to reach?"

"What number is this?"

"What number are you trying to reach?"

"I don't know"

"Well I think you have the wrong number"

"Do I?"

"It happens, take it easy"

Casey puts down the phone just as I walk into the kitchen.

"Who was that Case?" I ask her while I take two cans of soft drink out of the fridge.

"Just some random with the wrong number. He sounded like he wanted to talk." She adds with a small smile.

" well, why didn't you Case? He could be hot for all we know." I tease her with a small grin crossing my face.

" Bay," she says with a stern voice although I can see her trying not to grin, "I love Steve and you know that."

"Case, he doesn't treat you right and you know it," I tell her, losing almost all playfulness in my voice.

Before Casey can reply, the sound of the phone ringing again interrupts her. She gives me an annoyed look before answering the phone

"Hello?" She says impatiently into the phone.

I walk back towards the cupboard only half listening to Casey on the phone while I look for more snacks to put out.

"See ya," Casey tells the person on the phone before hanging up.

"Same guy?" I ask her as she puts the popcorn on the stove.

"Uh yeah," Casey answers me with furrowed eyebrows before the phone begins to ring again

"Can you-" Casey starts.

"Yeah I got it, don't worry," I tell her before grabbing the phone from the bench.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Aw, does your friend not want to talk to me?" A low unfamiliar voice whines into the phone.

"Nope, sorry mister hot voice she's busy, you're stuck with me for now," I answer back with a small smile on my face as the stranger chuckles softly into the phone.

"Well that's not so bad, you sound like a very cute girl." The voice says into the phone almost softly?

"Oh uh, thanks I guess," I reply shyly as I blush at the stranger's compliment.

"So can I know your name doll?" The person says, sounding almost giddy.

" Nah uh, not until you tell me yours" I reply quickly, not wanting to give a potential creep any details.

"Okay, okay fair enough. I'll stick with doll," the stranger surrenders.

I put the phone in my other hand as Casey turns on the stove and shakes the popcorn around.

"What's that noise?" the voice asks almost sweetly, bringing me back to the conversation.

"Popcorn," I answer simply pulling out two glasses and placing them on the bench.

"You're making popcorn?" They question me

"That's right," I mumble sweetly into the phone.

"Well, I only eat popcorn in the movies." Their deep voice responds teasingly.