ׂׂૢ eleven

ೃ⁀➷ Espresso

Inside the box was a familiar pair of glasses, covered in blood.

With her shaky hands, she picked it up, making sure to check if it really is the same pair of glasses Gojo wears. A tear escaped her eyes. She wasn't wrong, but she wished she was. Mika couldn't help but to weep on the floor, holding the bloody glasses close to her chest.

Various thoughts crossed her mind, but she can't seem to think all about it when her heart's aching like this. And so, she continued crying her eyes out.

~~

It's been two days. No one called to check on her, not Shouko, not Ijichi, not even Megumi. Mika's still lying on the cold floor, refusing to do anything. Today's supposed to be the day she'll open the pastry shop with Gojo, but she can't do that now. Not without him.

It still feels unreal, everything was too sudden. She didn't have time to process what was happening, and so stayed on the floor, face blank as ever instead of mourning. She didn't mind the awful smell of blood from the box that's still on the cold floor just next to her, nor the glasses on her hand.

She just stayed there, staring at the ceiling. Why? Why? Why? She kept asking herself the same question. Why did she agreed to stay with him? Why did she let him get close to her? Why did she let herself fall for him? If none of those happened... If none of those happened then... it wouldn't be this painful.

Right now, he's bringing her sorrow instead of joy.

~~

Four days have passed. Mika cleaned up the mess on the floor, hid the glasses somewhere she would forget, and moved out from Gojo's condo. She didn't wanna leave, she wants to stay there in case he comes back, but that would be impossible.

She wanted to stay, but everything in that place reminds her of Gojo.

She doesn't even know what really happened, no one contacted her nor reached out for her. She was alone and confused, sad and angry.

Mika took a deep breath after washing her face, she knew she somehow need to live normally again. She realized how much she depended on Gojo, it really is hard without him.

She opened her dream pastry shop and did all the work since there weren't many people, of course, she just started. She spent her day working, trying to find the joy she felt when she was planning all of this with Gojo. It doesn't feel the same, but she doesn't wanna give up.

"One almond croissant, and an espresso, please."

Mika looked up, meeting the man's gaze. She didn't noticed someone's there.

"Oh," she whispered to herself. She took the said croissant and packed it, "The espresso will be ready in a few," she said, smiling before making the coffee.

The man looks at her with a straight face, silently watching her.

"Here it is," Mika put the packed croissant and espresso on the counter that's standing between the two of them before charging him.

Days have passed. She tries her best to live the way she could, tiring herself from the shop and reading books 'til she fall asleep.

"Egg tarts, and an-"

"Espresso, yes, coming up." Mika said, getting the orders.

The same man with blond hair and usual suit have been coming by her shop. He orders the same drink that she could easily guess it.

"How are you?"

The sudden question caught her off guard, but she immediately answered, "I'm doing great. I had a proper breakfast today, so I guess it made my day better." she flashed a smile before giving him his orders, "Here."

"Thank you." He paid for it and was about to leave when Mika tried to stop him.

"A-Ah, if you don't mind," The man stopped on his tracks and turned to look at her, "Can I have your name?"

He stood there for a second before responding, "Nanami, Nanami Kento."

The smile on Mika's lips grew, "Nanami-san, thank you, for... asking how I am."

Nanami continued visiting her shop for two months, he never missed a day. They don't really talk to each other, but sometimes ask how each other's doing. 

Just after Nanami left, another man went up the counter to order.

"Good afternoon, what would you like to have?" Mika asked in a gentle tone, sounding nice as ever.

"What a great place you have here..." the man uttered, his bangs occasionally covering his left eye, "Akagi Mika"

Her smile slowly disappeared as her name rolled out of his tongue.

"Who... are you?"

The man chuckled, "Now, now, there's no need to get all nervous, I just wanted to see how you're doing."

What he said didn't helped her at all.

"I'm Satoru's best friend, his one... and only."

~~

"You don't seem like yourself today." Nanami spoke, "Are you getting enough rest?"

Mika nodded, trying to keep the smile on her face, "Ah yeah, it's no big deal. I'll feel better once I get some sleep."

"I see." was Nanami's answer. He took his order and left, just like usual. But something isn't right.

There's something unusual with Mika.

"Gojo Satoru... he's hard to read. Disappears and comes back before you know it. But with the years I spent with him, one thing's sure. He never settles with the same woman for more than a month."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm just saying that you shouldn't make your life miserable for someone like him. I'm his best friend, I know everything about him, take this as an advice."

"I don't get it. Wha-"

"A package. You received a package, didn't you?"

"How... did you know?"

"I told you. I know everything about him. Throw it away, it's not something you should be crying for. It's just one of his childish doings."

The conversation Mika had with the man who happened to be Satoru's best friend still bothers her. She don't know anymore. He told her that all of that was Satoru's doing in order to get rid of her. Just thinking about it scares her.

Could it be the reason why no one contacted her after all these days?

But she doesn't want to believe it. If the package thing was all a play... if he's okay... then she wants to hear everything from him.

THIRD PERSON

Nanami's phone started ringing as soon as he entered the car, he looked at the caller ID before declining it. He started the engine when it started ringing again. He heaved a sigh before picking it up.

"What is it now, Gojo?"

A/N: kinda satisfied w this chapter after writing it on 3am when I just finished reading a 5k words angst hurt no comfort megumi fic