ׂׂૢ thirteen

A/N: just wanna remind you guys that the timeline in this fic is different from the manga!! so there will be changes with time and events ^____^

⚠️ Manga Spoilers ⚠️

ೃ⁀➷ "One and Only"

Mika slowly opened her eyes, adjusting to the light coming from the window. She looks around, seeing a familiar room. Realization made her sit up from the bed.

The room isn't only familiar, she knows this room as if it's her own.

There's no one else in the room yet a familiar scent lingered. She looks at herself, only to see her in a shirt that smells exactly like him. Memories from last night came flooding her mind as her cheeks burn.

She stood up from the bed and ran to the living room, hoping to find him there. She then went to the kitchen and looked in every part of the condo, but failed to catch a glimpse of him. She sat down the couch, feeling her eyes watering. She can't be wrong, Gojo was here, she remembers everything.

"Oh, you're up."

She automatically turned around upon hearing the voice. It's him, it's really him. He's back and well.

Gojo put the plastic bag he was holding down the table before marching towards her, cupping her face as he attempts to wipe her tears, "What's wrong?" he asked, concern painted on his face.

"N-No, this... this can't be real." Mika whispered, freeing herself from Gojo, "You're not real."

He looks at her in confusion and was about to say something when she hit him.

"You bastard! I hate you! I don't need you here!" she yelled. Her hits stopped, removing her hands from him and turning on her back, "Leave and let me think for a while. Or should I just leave?"

"What?" was Gojo's response, "No- No, you can stay. I'll leav-"

He couldn't even finish his sentence when she threw herself in his arms, burying her face on his chest, "It was so hard without you. Nothing seem to make me happy, I thought maybe I should just die and-"

"Hey-"

She let go, wiping her tears, "Maybe we're not really for each other, and it's okay, it should  be okay."

Gojo sighs as he watches her. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. He's a bit amazed on how she managed to go through five stages of grief in one sitting. Once she calmed down, he gave her a bottle of water which she gladly took.

"Mika, I'm-"

"I missed you." she said, catching him off guard, "Did you miss me?"

He doesn't know what to say, but Mika missing him definitely made him feel things. "You never left my mind."

"But did you miss me?"

His lips curled into a smile, "I missed you."

Mika couldn't help but to cry, she doesn't know if she could trust him again, what his best friend  said still lingers in her mind.

"I'm sorry... about what happened." he whispered, just enough for her to hear, "I couldn't stop it, and I don't know how to face you yet."

"So you fucked me instead?"

Gojo choked on his saliva, he definitely didn't expect that, "W-What? I didn't it-"

"Can you be honest with me? I can't understand you when you talk like that. Couldn't stop it? What's it?"

"Ehe it seems like you're really mad."

What he said absolutely didn't help, it just made her glare at him, eyes piercing holes through his body.

"Okay, well- I got sealed."

Mika stared at him, dumfounded. He got what? "I'm... sorry?"

Gojo who's leaning back in the chair sat right back up, from this, she could tell he's being serious. "You see, I wasn't bluffing when I told you I'm the strongest." she nodded without even understanding how things are connected, "And because of that, I'm a threat to everyone, even to the jujutsu  world."

"11 years ago, I almost died. That's when I learned how to use reverse cursed technique, it's a technique which allows the user to heal themselves and in some cases, heal other people too." he explained, "Any attacks can't get pass the infinity I created, and since I mastered the technique, the more reason people see me as a threat. I basically can't die unless I choose to, probably why they decided to seal me."

Mika stayed silent, listening to his story. She's really interested about things that are related to jujutsu. But most importantly, she can't find any reason for him to get sealed. 'Cause just like he said, he's the strongest.

"It happened while I was fighting curses, someone appeared at the scene. Was really unexpected, to be honest. I messed up and let my guard down." he said, chuckling, "October 31st, two months ago, there stood someone I killed last year with my own hands."

Despite being unsure about her question, she still asked, "Who... did you kill?"

A bittersweet smile appeared on Gojo's lips as he looks down the carpet, eyes displaying utter pain which he could no longer hide.

"My best friend. My one and only."

Upon hearing that, Mika's eyes widened as a certain person came across her mind.

"I'm Satoru's best friend, his one... and only."

"Who are you?" Gojo asked, being unable to move from the seal around him.

The man in front of him flashed a devious smile, "Geto Suguru, of course. Did you forget? How sad."

"Your body... and even your cursed energy... My six eyes tell me... you're Geto Suguru." Gojo said with outrage, "But my soul knows otherwise! Hurry up and answer! Who are you?!"

"How did you know?" Pseudo-Geto asked as he pulls the string of thread that was sewed up on his head, revealing  the brain which manipulates Geto's body.

"Geto Suguru..."

The smile on Gojo's lips completely disappeared. He looked at Mika with a hint of fear in his eyes, something she has never seen before. "What did you say?"

"Is it him?"

"How did you know?"

Mika didn't answer as various thoughts flood her mind. His best friend, that strange man at the shop... he's supposed to be dead? He was the one who sealed Satoru? She doesn't know what to feel. She admits it kind of freaks her out, but other than that, she felt pity.

Gojo has already lost before it even started. Realizing that all they needed was Geto to make him lower his guard even for a short moment was something Mika couldn't ignore.

How did he feel while being trapped in there, thinking about how his friend stood before him?

Mika knows, she could see it in his eyes. Geto's still his one and only.

A/N: I reread the manga and was devastated, satosugu gonna be my 13th reason