8. I met Huang YiFeng today...

"That one! That one!!", Yuan squirmed in Zhan's hands and Zhan had to put the boy down to let him get what he wanted. "It was a bad idea bringing him here. Why did you bring him?", Guo Cheng complained and Zhan laughed. "He wanted to choose An Yu's gift. I couldn't say no", Zhan explained looking his little boy who was staring at the toy shop in wonder. "We are gonna be here for a while", Xuan grumbled but not even for a second did his eyes leave Yuan. The Head enforcer was on guard, eyeing everyone who approached Yuan with extreme caution and Zhan smiled. Yuan was in love with his Uncle Xuan and Zhan knew he could trust the enforcer with his son's life. Xuan shadowed Yuan around playing a little with him while Zhan picked a few toys for An Yu. The sweet, quiet boy was a spitting image of Haikuan and Zhan adored the young boy. An Yu and his first meeting had happened in Haikuan's home and Zhan had fallen in love when the sweet boy offered him candies. Yuan and An Yu were almost the same age but An Yu acted like he was years older, always protecting and telling Yuan to not cause trouble. Both boys treated each other as real siblings and everyone in the Wang family was happy with their adorable brotherhood. Zhan paid for his stuff, his eyes dashing to the store's door and he yelled Yuan's name when the boy ran outside. "Don't run, Yuan!" The three men followed the little boy out and came to a stop finding him hiding behind a man. Guo Cheng immediately stepped in front of Zhan and Xuan called Yuan over. "Come here, Yuan." Xuan voice was cold and Yuan stared at the man beside him and then ran over to Zhan. "I have told you not to run, Wang Yuan", Zhan scolded in a grave tone and the boy hugged Zhan's neck mumbling apologies. "Sorry, firecracker. A-Yuan won't run again. Don't be angry." Zhan patted his son's back, eyeing the man few feets away warily and started to walk away only to halt when Huang Yi Feng stepped in his way with his hands raised in the air. "I am sorry for that day. I just need to talk to you for five minutes", the Alpha pleaded and Guo Cheng answered for Zhan, warning the man away. "You need to leave and never come near us again." Zhan stared at the Alpha and saw the young man's eyes focused on him. The gaze made Zhan uncomfortable and he looked over Xuan communicating his discomfort. "Let's leave", he said and the wolves came at his side as he passed the Alpha. "You can't walk away from me, Xiao Zhan!!"

Zhan turned around hearing the loud shout and a displeased growl left him and his son. Xuan and Guo Cheng were glaring at the wolf before him and Zhan caressed his son's head, fixing a headphone over Yuan's head all while pinning Huang Yifeng with his cold gaze. "You won't come near me. You won't talk to me and you sure as hell won't say my name ever again. I don't know what is wrong with you but I have no interest in speaking with you." The man's features morphed into a look of utter devastation and he stepped forward only to take two steps back when Xuan and Guo Cheng snarled at him. "I...I just wanted to see you. Just wanted to talk to you once. I helped your boy just now, atleast I deserve a thank you." "What you deserve is a punch to the fucking throat!", Guo Cheng spat and Yi Feng's eyes narrowed but Guo Cheng kept talking. "Don't you even think for a second that we don't know what's going on in your head. You stalked our Alpha's mate and had the audacity to do so in his own mating party. Be glad that we haven't already killed you." Zhan began walking, not interested in the men's pissing match but turned back sharply when he heard the loud curse. Xuan and Guo Cheng had Yi Feng on the ground and the man was struggling violently in the men's grip. "Let him go guys", Zhan tried but Xuan pinned the man to the ground harder saying, "The fucker lunged towards you." Zhan's eyes widened and he stared at Yi Feng who as if on fucking steroids, freed himself from the iron grip of the Lan wolves and slammed them both hard against the wall. On instinct Zhan let out a low growl, clutching his son to him and Yi Feng pulled his hands behind his back, shaking his head. "I won't hurt you. I will never hurt you. I...I just want to talk to you", the man said again and Xuan and Guo Cheng jumped on him again only to get pushed away the second time. It was clear that the Alpha was a tough one but this time when Xuan tried to restrain the man, Yi Feng let them. Xuan punched him across the face and the Alpha let the Lan wolves push him to the ground, staring intensely at Zhan. Zhan knew Xuan and Guo Cheng were worried and his own hackles were rising in alarm. This man could clearly hold himself up against two trained Lan wolves so Zhan knew it wasn't going to be tough for the man to deal with him. If Zhan was alone he would've faced the wolf head on but he had Yuan with him and his son's safety was above everything else. "We don't want any trouble. Xuan, let's leave", Zhan spoke to his wolves and picking the anxiety in his voice the Lan wolves left the Alpha and shielded Zhan. "Let's just go", Zhan said again and the Lan wolves started to lead him away when the man behind them shouted. "YOU ARE MINE, XIAO ZHAN! I AM YOUR MATE!!!"

Both the men beside him stiffened and the air in the narrow corridor became dense. Zhan heard the words loud and clear but still couldn't make sense of them. His wolf snarled, angry that someone was trying to claim Zhan as his and Zhan was equally pissed because he belonged to no one else but Wang Yibo. "I am your true mate, Zhan. You are fated to be mine", came the broken whisper from behind him and if the wolves beside him were pissed before they were enraged now. "You motherfucking asshole", Xuan spat venomously and the look on Yi Feng's face changed completely. There was wild wrath on his face and he glared at Wang Haoxuan. "Your Alpha is the asshole because he stole what is mine! His own mate died and he forced my mate to accept his claim!" "No one forced me", Zhan announced and Yi Feng's eyes locked with his. "I have no idea why you think I am your mate but you are mistaken, Mr. Huang. I have a mate and his name is Wang Yibo. I belong to him and I will suggest you stop making these stupid claims because if my mate finds out about this, he is going to kill you." "He trapped you, Xiao Zhan. I know you had no choice. You had to save your pack but-" "I don't know why is it that you can't understand my words", Zhan cut the man off with a grim tone and pointed a finger at the Alpha. "Don't come near me, Huang Yi Feng. I am not your mate and I suggest you wake up from this crazy fantasy soon or else this won't end well for you." With those last words Zhan walked away and this time he didn't stop. Zhan settled into the car and hugged his son close to him, eyeing the wolves accompanying him. He was about to speak but Xuan turned to him with a dark face and spoke first. "You will have to tell Yibo about this or I will, Xiao Zhan." Zhan had wanted to ask them to keep the incident to themselves but seeing the cold look both Lan wolves were sporting, Zhan knew they would tell Yibo everything as soon as they reached Lan territory. "I will tell him", Zhan said after a while and Xuan nodded once his gaze still fixed on Zhan's face. "Do you feel the pull?", Xuan questioned and Zhan stared at the man in disbelief. "You believe him? It's a load of crap, Xuan-" "I am asking you if you feel the mating pull, Zhan. It's impossible for true mates to not recognize each other. I saw Jiyang and I knew he was mine. So I am asking you again, do you feel the mating pull?" "No. I don't. Which is why I am telling you that it's all bullshit. I am a claimed man, Xuan. I already have a mate and he is your Alpha. Don't you dare believe otherwise."

The ride home was extremely uncomfortable and Zhan could feel Xuan's gaze on him the entire time. "Stop it, Xuan", he warned and the enforcer looked away glared straight ahead. Little arms clutched Zhan closer and Zhan eyed his son who was fidgeting with his new toy listening to his favourite rhymes. "No wonder that fucker was hovering around you and staring at you at the conference. He thinks he is your mate!", Xuan hissed and Guo Cheng snarled as well. "If he has any sense of self preservation, he will keep that trap of his shut! The bastard has already dug a grave for himself by making the bold assumption. Alpha will gut him once he finds out. He already hates that you guys aren't true mates, if he-" "There is no reason for Yibo to react badly, Guo Cheng. Yi Feng's words are nothing but lies. I don't give a fuck whether you believe me or not but if you both can't stop your mouths from running I suggest you get out of the car. When we reach the pack territory I don't want you to say a word to Yibo. I will explain the matter to him myself and if any of you make him angry, I am the one you will need to worry about" Zhan said dangerously but Haoxuan didn't stop and started speaking. "If Yi Feng's words hold any truth, Xiao Zhan....he won't be alive for long. You out of everyone know what Yibo is capable of. He is already bothered enough by the fact that you weren't his fated one...if Yi Feng turns out to be your true mate, Yibo won't let him live a second longer. Yibo has killed people for merely looking at you the wrong way, he will rip that fucker apart by his bare hands if he tries to take you away from Yibo." The words were a bucket of ice water and Zhan's gut churned with anxiety. A part of him knew Xuan's words were true. Yibo was not going to react well to this. No shifter could be expected to react well in this situation. Zhan himself would have torn the person apart who claimed Yibo was  theirs consequences be damned. He just hoped Yibo didn't completely lose it but a part of him knew he was asking for a miracle. As the packhouse came into view Zhan's palms began to sweat and Xuan took Yuan from his arms and handed him to Jiyang, saying something in his mate's ears. Xuan motioned Zhan to walk and Zhan did, finding himself in front of Yibo's office. The doors opened and Zhan entered trying to paste a smile on his face. Yibo took one look at him and he stood up, his eyes narrowing. "What happened?", his Alpha asked and Zhan closed his eyes for a moment before saying the words that were trapped in his throat since last hour. "We met Huang Yi Feng today. He claims that he is my true mate."