9. You must be happy...

"What the fuck did you just say?" Yibo's voice sounded perilous to his own ears and seeing Zhan avoiding his gaze and his wolves' uneasy forms, he took a step forward, letting a chilling growl escape his mouth. "I won't ask again, Xiao Zhan. What the fuck did you just say?", he repeated and pinched Zhan's chin between his thumb and forefinger staring deep into his mate's soul. The eyes that met his were filled with worry and Yibo brushed the mole under Zhan's lips, encouraging him to speak. "I..I met Huang Yi Feng today. He said that he is my true mate. It's not true, Yibo. It's a misunderstanding and I-" Yibo barely heard the rest of his firecracker's words, the words "true mate" kept ringing in his ears and the next thing he knew, he had taken Zhan's hand in a death grip as he dragged Zhan to their room. "Yibo!", Zhan cried out but Yibo just dragged Zhan closer to him taking a swift turn to his room. The entire pack house had gone deathly silent but Yibo didn't care if the world ended that day. He kicked open his room and pushed Zhan inside before banging the room's door shut, flipping the lock. Zhan was standing in the middle of the room eyeing him carefully and Yibo crossed the distance before them, wrenching Zhan's hair in a sharp grip. "My little firecracker found his true mate today. Should I congratulate you, Zhan-Zhan?", he said with a dark smile on his face and Zhan's eyes widened. Yibo gripped Zhan's jaw in a harsh grip and kissed his Zhan deep, his teeth nipping and biting harshly on the mouth that he loved so much. He pulled away and seeing his mate's red swollen lips his groin tightened in need. He gazed into Zhan's eyes, the dark almond orbs were furrowed in confusion and the look was adorable. "You have waited for this day all your life. Wanted to find him so badly. So, tell me Zhan-Zhan, is he everything you wanted?" "What the fuck are you saying, Wang Yibo? Have you lost your goddamn mind?", Zhan rebuked harshly, struggling to get free and a dark chuckle escaped Yibo while his fist tightened around Zhan's head. "You wanted to find someone who was made for you. Someone who would love all of you. A half-Omega like you was so desperate to get accepted. So, tell me Zhan-Zhan, did you see acceptance in Yi Feng's eyes? Was there love in his eyes? He was gazing at you with such deep longing in his eyes that day....you must have been glad to see him. I should congratulate you. Maybe throw a party. You must be so happy today." A tear escaped Zhan's eyes and Yibo kissed it away before licking the mole under his mate's lips again. "Don't say that. Don't be this way, Yibo", Zhan whispered against his jaw and Yibo smiled seeing more tears running down his mate's cheeks.

He pulled Zhan into another kiss tasting the salt from his firecracker's tears and when Zhan patted his back asking to let him breathe, Yibo deepened the kiss making Zhan's lungs ache. "Y-Yibo", Zhan whispered shakily and something snapped inside Yibo at his mate's unsaid plea. He ripped Zhan's shirt apart, ignoring the buttons scattering around them and tore Zhan's jeans, his claws slashing at the coarse fabric. "Fated to be his?", Yibo mocked darkly and threw Zhan onto the bed, straddling his waist. Zhan was panting beneath him but his eyes weren't glazed with desire like always, instead they were glistening with concern. Yibo saw the tears and his wolf snarled at the sight, pacing to let himself free. "Answer me honestly Zhan, do you want him?", Yibo asked taking his clothes off and Zhan shook his head. "No. I don't. He is nothing to me. He is lying, Yibo. He isn't my mate, believe me", Zhan begged and Yibo's ballsack got heavier hearing his Zhan beg. Yibo loomed over his mate's body, gazing at every inch of his firecracker's delectable body and kissed Zhan ever so gently. "How do you know he is lying, baby? Maybe, he isn't. After all, you are already wearing my mark. There is no chance you could feel the pull while being bound to me." "He is not my mate", Zhan denied harshly and Yibo nipped his throat, cupping Zhan's length in his hands. He stroked Zhan just how his firecracker liked it, his movements hard and firm and Zhan moaned beneath him, his hands clutching Yibo's shoulders. "Do you want him to do this to you? I have heard that being with your true mate is an entirely different experience." "Stop it, Wang Yibo", Zhan threatened him, gasping under him and claws pricked Yibo's neck as Zhan's eyes glowed amber. His firecracker was losing control, Yibo chuckled at that. "It's really sad, Zhan-Zhan. You waited for so many years but all of it went to waste. You met him but it's too late for you. You heart must have raced when your eyes met. You must have liked what you saw. He is one good looking man." "Stop spouting nonsense. I'm yours, you deranged bastard!" Yibo heard the loud cry of words and in a second he parted Zhan's thighs, settling between them and lined himself up to Zhan's entrance. "I am yours, Yibo. I have only one mate and that's you. Just you." Zhan's eyes were locked onto his and Yibo's cold mask fell off, his anger, fear, vulnerability all there on his face for Zhan to see. Yibo cupped Zhan's jaw and his lips were trembling as they met Zhan's before they curled in anger. "I don't give a flying fuck about how long you have waited for him, Xiao Zhan. He could be your fated mate, the one who was made for you, the fucking love of your life but he will never have you. I will tie you to this bed and chain you to myself but I won't let him have you. I won't care how miserable you become by my side but I will never let you go. Never." Yibo slammed himself home and as his mate's hot, tight insides gripped him, tears fell from Yibo's eyes. "Don't leave me, Zhan. You can't leave me."

Zhan's tears rolled down his temples as he gazed into Yibo's glistening eyes as Yibo's broken words fell off his lips. Zhan saw the fear on Yibo's face and it broke his heart. He placed a hand over Yibo's cheek and wiped a rolling tear away. "I will never leave, Yibo. I love you." Zhan's mouth parted on a loud moan as Yibo plunged into him again, the thrust deep and so perfect in every way. He barely had a chance to breathe because of Yibo's frantic pace, his throaty groans and harsh whispers. "He will never have you, Xiao Zhan. I will kill him! Kill him!" Zhan pulled Yibo's face into his neck and held on as the thrusts got punishing. Zhan's tears fell freely from his eyes, his moans were loud and his eyes squeezed shut when the pain and pleasure overlapped. Yibo's hand  enveloped his leaking member and the strokes combined with the delicious pressure on his sweet spot had Zhan detonating like a bomb and he screamed in Yibo's arms as he came. He barely felt Yibo's teeth digging into his neck and he didn't say anything when Yibo held the flesh between his teeth possessively, marking him yet again as he painted Zhan's insides with his seed. Zhan welcomed the delicious weight of his mate and curled his arms around Yibo when Yibo slumped over him, drained of all energy. The faint trembles of their bodies had subsided but Zhan still held onto Yibo, placing soft kisses over Yibo's shoulder, neck and the side of his head. Yibo was still above him, silent and Zhan cradled Yibo's head in his palm to kiss the claiming bite on his mate's neck, nuzzling into him. "I don't care what he says, you are mine", came Yibo's voice minutes later and Zhan squeezed Yibo in his arms, nodding. " I don't care how long you have waited for him...you can never leave my side, Xiao Zhan. I will kill him and myself but I will never let you be with him." Zhan heard the words and pulled Yibo's head back, gazing into his mate's red rimmed eyes. "I waited so many years to be loved, Wang Yibo. I wanted someone who would care for me, respect me and love me despite of everything that is wrong with me." "There's nothing wrong with you", Yibo growled deep and Zhan smiled. "I don't want him. I want you. Only you. I have waited so many years for you, Wang Yibo and it will always be you." A drop of tear landed on Zhan's cheek and Yibo brushed it away before burying his face into Zhan's neck again.

"I got scared", Yibo confessed and tears prickled Zhan's eyelids hearing the raw emotion in Yibo's voice. "I always prayed that this day wouldn't come. I was an absolute asshole and I wished that your mate had died like Xinyue did. Anything but I never wanted him or her to meet you. When you said that you met him...a part of me was expecting you to say that you want him and I thought you would leave me. I got scared." Yibo's arms caged Zhan under him and Zhan soothed Yibo with a soft caress on his head, a lump lodged in his throat as Yibo laid out his feelings. "You could have tried, Zhan. You could have tried to leave me for him and I would have dragged you back here, screaming and crying but I still wouldn't have let you leave. I don't care how much he longs for you. I don't care if he will be better than me in every way and will suit you better because he was fucking made for you. I don't care if I have to burn his six generations to the fucking ground but I will not let him have you." Yibo pulled back and his hand cupped Zhan's cheek as he kissed his firecracker's forehead. "The fate didn't choose me for you so I stole you because that's how much of a bastard I am. I am not a good man, Xiao Zhan. So, if there is even a sliver of hope in you that you will get to know your true mate or will get to be his, I will crush those hopes to ashes and fuck you over them. You belong to me. Only me. There is no one else for you...not in any universe so if you know what is best for you, that man's name will never come on your lips again." Zhan's eyes met Yibo's dark ones and Zhan nodded softly. Yibo kissed Zhan deep, his movements fuelled with hunger and an unrestrained need. "I love you too much, firecracker. I bound my life to yours in a heartbeat because of how crazy I am for you. I was ready to do anything to make you mine before, you have no idea what I will do to make sure you stay mine."
Yibo stared at Zhan for a moment and then pulled back, sitting up. He helped Zhan sit and gathered Zhan in his arms, taking in the marks he had made on Zhan's body. Some of them had hunger rising in him again while some had him feeling ashamed. "I was too rough with you tonight", he whispered softly and Zhan shook his head. "You weren't. A little rougher than usual but I am not complaining." "You kept asking me to stop", Yibo mumbled and Zhan burrowed himself in his chest, kissing his chest. "I was asking you to stop saying those stupid words. You were being plain mean." Yibo took Zhan's hand in his and kissed the long fingers, feeling a little guilty. It was strange how Zhan had opened a new door for Yibo in terms of feelings. Guilt, love, possessiveness were some emotions that Yibo had never felt in his life. Ever. When Zhan came into his life it was as if Yibo's world filled with bright colors so he couldn't really let Zhan go. Zhan had made Yibo a little more humane in some ways and he had saved Yibo from himself. Yibo could not imagine a world without his firecracker anymore. "Tell me you love me", Yibo demanded without shame and Zhan twisted in his arms, gazing into his eyes. "I love you, Wang Yibo. More than you know and nothing will take me away from you."