❀ Chapter 48 : Mystic Merlin ❀

Surprisingly enough her anxieties towards going back to her supposed school was unfounded. Everyone gave her the space and helped her accordingly, Haruhi sticking to her like glue for most of the morning, until it was lunch time and Sumire had coaxed Haruhi out of the classroom to go to the cafeteria. 

She wasn't very eager to roam the halls alone, afraid that she might get lost and be late for class. So off they went, hand in hand towards the bustling cafeteria. 

In all reality it looked more like an extra large mall food cafeteria than a school, but Sumire followed the line accompanied by Haruhi to get a plate of some mashed potatoes and steak with gravy on the side. 

"You sure you don't want one Haruhi?" Sumire asked paying the lady behind the counter after receiving her tray, "My treat."

"I'm alright," Haruhi mumbled willing herself not to give in to the temptation, "Right, let's go find a seat."

Sumire looked around for an empty table but seeing none Haruhi guided her to a table with vaguely familiar faces that she had seen at the hospital a few days prior. 

"Hey," Haruhi greeted sitting down beside a tall blonde boy who looked like he was going to burst into tears with happiness giving her a tight hug. Sumire sat beside Haruhi bowing her head in a quiet hello at the group who was looking at her like she had three heads.

"Should you be up and moving Sumire?" one of the redhead twins asked looking worried.

Sumire must have looked confused looking at them because the other twin elbowed his brother, "I'm Hikaru, and this is Kaoru."

"I'm Honey!" cheered a small voice and Sumire stared at what looked like a child waving hello at her, "And this is Takashi!" pointing at the tall boy who was gazing at her and nodding.

"Do you know me hm? hm?" the boy beside Haruhi asked leaning close, "Do you recognize my beautiful face?"

"Sorry, no, but I'm assuming you're Tamaki-senpai," Sumire said taking a scoop out of the mashed potatoes, "Haruhi talks about you. Host Club king or something."

Gradually the conversation carried on, Sumire choosing to observe the group of people around her as she ate. Keenly aware of the only person that wasn't acknowledged that was typing rapidly on a laptop. 

Shaking her head she tuned into the general conversation, the host club dropping information here and there trying to make her feel included. 

Sumire declined a cup of tea in exchange for some soda, sitting at a spare table and observing the music room as it bustled with activity, occasionally turning away whenever the flirting stepped up into something more suggestive. 

Oddly enough despite her unfamiliarity in the environment she had been shoved in she still felt quite at home in the hustle and bustle of the host club room.

Though she wondered why it was inside a music room, and where were the music instruments, and where are the teachers that allowed the club to exist in the first place.

Finding nothing better to do Sumire moved away the teacups and saucers on her small table and started working on her schoolwork, much to the dismay of the peering eyes of the guests trying to get their attention, only being held back by the explicit instructions of the hosts not to disturb her.

Half an hour into her work and Sumire clicked her pen closed, stretching her arms up to relieve it from the strain of being stagnant for too long. Looking around her eyes met blue ones that widened and quickly turned away. 

The boy was blonde with rather long hair that looked like a girls from behind accompanied with a black haired girl and a brunette boy all sitting with Haruhi. Making a mental note to ask Haruhi about them Sumire went back to her work aiming to finish it by the time the club hours were over so she could catch up on the flower shops work to help her grandmother.