✿ Chapter 49 : Purple Pansy ✿

"Ugh, this is stupid," Sumire grumbled, hitting the backspace button on her keyboard, deleting an entire paragraph on her email draft, "I'll just say yes, easy peasy, right kitty?"

Sumire's cat just blinked at her lazily before rolling over and resuming it's nap on the crisp white sheets. 

A small chuckle escaped her lips as she stroked her hand along her cats tummy, "You're useless, but you're cute."

Turning her attention back to her screen Sumire scrunched her nose before closing it shut, "I'll just say it in person. That sounds easier."

Sumire patted down her skirt as she went up  the stairs to the second year's classrooms, her eyes scanning the signs on the classroom doors. 

"2-c, 2-b, ah there we go," Sumire mumbled peeking into the classroom. Looking over the chatting students the familiar sight of the bespectacled vice president graced her sight. 

As if sensing her presence his head shot up from his laptop and Sumire waved hello, beckoning him over.

"May I help you Miss Shiraishi?" Kyoya asked, shutting the classroom door behind him to get rid of the not so subtle pairs of eyes who were watching them.

"I thought about it, re-joining the host club I mean."

Kyoya nodded, pushing his glasses up waiting for her to continue.

Sumire swallowed nervously, "I just don't think it's the right time for me to come back. I can barely remember anything, or anyone since I came to Ouran and it's just been pretty hard. I'm not saying I don't like the host club it's just-"

"I understand," Kyoya interrupted, "It is almost time for classes to begin, I believe you should go."

"I-" 

The door slid open and shut before she can get another word in, a small pang in her chest making Sumire frown. "Rude," she mumbled, checking her watch, "There's still ten minutes before class."

Sliding onto her seat with a few minutes to spare Haruhi bounded over looking her up and down, "You're later than usual, did anything happen? Are you okay?"

"Calm down Haru," Sumire laughed, "I just had a talk with Ootori-senpai about the club."

"Oh," Haruhi took the empty seat in front of Sumire, "How'd it go?"

"I told him that I'm not coming back. I get that I was in the club because of financial reasons but if all went well for the last couple months the club should be fine with the budget it got now, so I don't think I'm really needed anym- Haru?" 

Haruhi sat catatonic blinking blankly, waving a hand in front of Haruhi's face Sumire peered at her concerned, "You okay?"

"Yes, fine, great. Just dandy, so what did Kyoya- Ootori-senpai say?" Haruhi replied as if nothing had happened.

"He told me to go and slammed the door in my face, kinda rude honestly. I would've been glad to still help out on the flower orders even though I'm not in the club. And I thought he was pretty nice before too."

Behind Sumire were the twins eavesdropping on their conversation, turning whiter and whiter by the second Kaoru caught his brother as he collapsed and frantically waved a hand at Haruhi mouthing her to come over.

"Right, well you know Ky- Ootori-senpai, he's a funny one haha, I've got to help the twins, with their homework I completely forgot, I'll talk to you later yeah?"

"Wha- wait-" Sumire tried to stop Haruhi but to no avail, shaking her head, "Weird, that's the second time today."

Sumire sat alone in the classroom for the first time since she came back. Haruhi had been dragged off by the redheaded twins saying they had an emergency meeting of sorts, so there she sat with earbuds stuck in her ears, a soft tune flowing out of its tiny speakers. 

Nibbling on some rolled omelette she sighed, looking around at the empty chairs. It was a rich school, with rich students, and the cafeteria was more of a restaurant than a cafeteria. She wouldn't blame them if they wanted to get a five star meal everyday, it doesn't get rid of the small seed of loneliness that had found its way into her stomach. 

For some reason some part of her felt that she was out of place, but she knew in her head that she did spend lunch alone, if not with Haruhi who usually ate her bento with her. 

Finishing up her lunch Sumire cleaned up and went outside the classroom, walking down the hallway and looking out the big glass windows, the sun shining through its panes as she wandered down the long corridor with no one in sight.

Footsteps lingered behind her as Sumire took her time admiring the view, her fingers inching towards the knife holster on her thigh. Something she thought she had lost until she checked in the depth of her wardrobe, looking like it hasn't been used in a long while. 

Steadying her breath Sumire walked towards the flight of stairs, pacing her steps to not look hurried as she glanced at the reflection at the windows. 

It looked like three girls.