✿ Chapter 1: Verbena ✿

────── 〔✿〕──────

Walking along the northern hall, Sumire gazed her dark purple eyes out the windows, her feet leading her to nowhere. She always liked exploring, it brought her new sights and places. School had already ended, it's not like she had to go home so soon, she and her friend started walking home together since the first day. It was kind of an unspoken arrangement between them. Knowing this, Sumire walked a bit more.

══✿══╡°˖✧In Music Room 3✧˖°╞══✿══

"Tamaki-senpai, Kyoya-senpai is scaring us" Hikaru told the blonde beside him.

"What happened that he's emitting deadly aura?" Kaoru continued after his twin.

The three were hiding behind a sofa, watching Kyoya type rather aggressively, the glare of the light hiding his stormy gray eyes.

Haruhi glanced at Kyoya before going back to her schoolwork. She and the twins were initially doing homework but got distracted. Although kept an ear out to see what's happening.

"Tama-chan you should go talk to Kyo-chan you know? He might break his laptop from typing too hard", Honey happily said, eating some cake with Takashi wiping his cousins lips from the stray icing.

Nodding his head Tamaki shot up from behind the seat and strutted over to where Kyoya was sitting. The twins cheering him from behind.

A glare was sent Tamaki's way as he sat in the free seat in Kyoya's table.

"Wh-what's wrong you seem rather...stressed", Tamaki asked nervously testing the waters.

"You do realize we have to cancel club hours due to your excessive spending on frivolous items such as let us see", Kyoya pushed back his glasses before continuing, "Ah yes, the numerous bouquets of flowers, new custom floral themed tablecloths, new sets of teapots and cups, a dozen boxes of ancient lotus green tea, decorative sugar flowers, a commission for professional flower arrangement, flower designing, and flower recommendations"

With every item listed Tamaki shrunk a bit further into his seat. Trying to find an excuse Tamaki tried his best.

"But Kyoya! It's spring! It's the season of beautiful flowers and we need it...?"

"As much as I pride myself in managing this clubs finances even though our budget is depleted in a single shopping spree of yours, I simply cannot budget money we do not have", closing his laptop with a sharp clack, Kyoya stared into Tamaki's soul, "I suggest we find a local florist to get flowers from or this club wont see next month"

All the host's shivered at the sheer intensity of Kyoya's wrath. Tamaki had been defeated from the onslaught and was hauled away by Hikaru and Kaoru to retreat.

Haruhi had a light bulb go off in her head. Maybe she would ask Sumire about it later.

Echoes of voices reached the Music Room, and they looked at each other wondering if they were guests.

"Kyo-chan Kyo-chan, we announced that were closed until next week right?" Honey asked Kyoya poking his thigh.

"I believe so, although word might not have reached them. Let us go take a look," the shadow king sighed massaging the bridge of his nose. As if today wasn't stressful enough.

══✿══╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞══✿══

As Sumire walked on it became quite evident to her that she wasn't alone. Footsteps behind her clearly told that someone, or some people, were following her. Deciding that maybe they were just roaming around as well, Sumire didn't look back.