𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓞𝓷𝓮

The early morning light drifted past the partially split curtains, leaving a golden veil to engulf the room, a warmth brought within the space that was small, yet vast. A single bed sat near the corner, crested in the light as toes poked beyond the covers, socks dangling off just slightly. Soft snores were left barely audible, but still noticeable to any that tried to listen intently. Sockets were left dark, seemingly empty as the thin frame of bones seemed to move, body twisting as cracks filled the space before a small light gathered within both sockets. It brought the frame to sit up slowly, gaze shifting briefly before a sigh fell like a chorus in the silence of the room.

"Classic! Get up already, before you're late to help me open up shop." The words were like nails on a chalkboard to him, leaving his expression to morph into a momentary displeasure. Even so, he kicked his legs over the bed, letting the bottom of his feet touch the hardwood below. Rocking, he brought himself into a stand before he noted the partially exposed foot, leaving him to simply take the sock off. Tossing it onto the bed, he sauntered toward the burrow, not really caring what he snagged to wear. It wasn't like the Cafe had uniforms in the end.

Dragging his arms through the sleeves of a jacket the color of the morning sky, he zipped it before grabbing some new socks and carrying them with him as he headed from the confines of his room placed along the third floor. In truth, it was more of an attic space. But it was still a room all the less. Stuffing the socks into his pocket, he made his way along the wooden stairs, ignoring the creaking of the loose boards.

"Classic!?" Once more, he cringed at the slight noise, his body rounding the stairwell before he frowned, his gaze holding Ccino's. The other seemed a bit startled that Classic had actually climbed out of bed, but it was nice they held their opinion. Instead, they set the table for a meal, Classic slumping into a seat before Ccino laid a plate before him.

"Must you yell every morning?" Bringing a hand to his skull, he ran his fingertips along the hard surface, seeing Ccino chuckle lightly as a cat leapt onto Classic's lap. It left Classic shifting his finger to below the chin of the cat, hearing how the purring picked up in the silence of the moment. Granted, that silence never lasted long; not since Ccino had become comfortable with Classic living within the same house. At first, it was hard to even create conversation. After all, Ccino was a rather shy individual and Classic rarely used energy on things that weren't labeled 'mandatory'. Still, a friend made the difference in the end.

"If I didn't yell, you'd never climb out of the bed. I've experienced that firsthand, Classic." The other flattened his expression, the corners of his mouth twisting momentarily.

"I'm not that bad, Ccino." The skeleton serving the food along the table showed a look of disbelief, rolling his pinpricks momentarily. It left Classic to shrug, his hand pushing the cat to the floor before he picked up his fork and played with the eggs before him, quickly tossing a clump onto the floor as the cat raced over to eat it up.

"Classic... What did I say about feeding the cats human food?" Classic sat up straighter, feigning innocence as he took a bite of his food, looking elsewhere.

"Technically, we're not human either. How's it fair for us to eat this, but the cats can't?" Ccino rested his hands along his hips, sighing. Taking his own seat, he brushed a hand over one of the many cats before viewing Classic, who was busy letting the fork hang from his mouth instead of eating.

"Because it's my rule. They don't get the food we eat, Classic." There was a brief moment of silence before Classic raised his arms, nodding.

"Got it." Ccino, content with the answer for the time, let it go as he began to eat. It ultimately left a silence between them, not that Classic minded. He often felt better in a silence that was filled to the brim with peace.

Once they were finished eating, Ccino got busy cleaning the dishes. It left Classic to start with the opening process, leaving him to wander down another flight of stairs. He made it to the first floor, mainly used as the Cafe. The back led to their living space, leaving the front to consist of numerous tables and chairs, a few booths placed around the space. It left Classic to wander from the back, his feet dragging with every step as he reached the front door, pulling the heavy glass open before stepping beyond. He knelt down, grabbing the chalk before jotting down some of the drinks that were cheaper for the day. Once finished, he tossed the chalk into the plant pot, rising as he heard faint footsteps in the distance. He'd have ignored them if not for the voice that called out, leaving him to face the stranger.

"Good morning. Is the Cafe open quite yet, or a few more minutes?" The question was one he always was asked and he'd learned the hard way not to reject customers. CCino was hard to deal with when Classic stepped out of line. It left him observing the features of the individual, a sigh falling from him as he tugged the glass door open, motioning the stranger in. There was a grateful nod, leaving Classic to look elsewhere as they entered, his hand letting the door close a bit loud in comparison to normal.

He shifted toward the counter, noting Ccino had arrived in the front. The other passed the notepad toward Classic, leaving that frown nearly permanent. Even so, Classic turned back toward the guest who seemed to be beaming. Who wore such a friendly smile, not that it was a bad thing. It was just exhausting in Classic's opinion. "Welcome to Little Drop Cafe. What could I get you on this fine day?"

"How about a latte? I heard this place sells amazing drinks, so I was curious about them." Classic took a moment, noting the drink before he seemed to grasp that the stranger was awaiting him to speak. It left a moment of nerves that he choked down, his tone laced in a small bit of annoyance. Either the stranger didn't notice, or he simply didn't concern himself with Classic's already bad day.

"The drinks are fairly good, not just quality, but price as well. I don't think they're anything but good." The stranger seemed to perk up the chance of conversation, leaving Classic to groan internally. He'd been caught in an opportunity he simply didn't want, but he couldn't simply blow off the customer. In the end, he was stuck chatting with the stranger, who he had been given the name of 'Dream', a policeman off duty for the time.

"So, tell me. Do you watch the news at all?" Classic had been seated for a time, since no other customers had shown yet. Of course, Classic had still yet to get the guest their drink, having passed off the paper to Ccino instead, who seemed thrilled someone was finally dragging Classic from his shell.

"I prefer not to watch gossip. It doesn't ever go well, not to mention people let that garbage run their life."

"Garbage is a rather crude way to call the News. It's knowledge to the public in the end-" Classic raised a hand, silencing Dream.

"Even so, it's still made up most of the time. It's theoretical. Nothing is conclusive until they say it is. Most murder cases talked about are unfinished or open ended. Let's be honest, the news doesn't do much beyond worrying the public."

"I get your viewpoint, but it's best to be open about certain things. The news may be questionable at times, but someday that single article might have saved you from something. You shouldn't blindly believe things." With that, Classic rose to his feet. He was a bit more annoyed than before, even if he did well not to show it. It left him to wander toward the back, ignoring Ccino's looks of confusion. In the end, Classic wanted time to himself.

That said, his quiet time never lasted long, especially on Saturday's. Those days were always busy, leaving time to fly on by. One moment it was morning, and the next it was nearing close time. Classic had been behind the counter, cleaning some of the machines when he heard Ccino call out, his tone bringing a small hint of worry into Classic as CCino rounded the corner with a cat in his arms. "Ccino? What's wrong?"

"Junipurr seems sick, so I'm thinking of bringing her to the vet to check. Is that fine? I feel bad asking you to stay another hour alone-"

"Just go, Ccino. I know the value of those cats to you. I'll be fine, I assure you." Ccino seemed to take a breath, smiling with a grateful manner as he marched toward the back before racing toward the door, coat in hand. Classic watched as he left, the bell chiming as the glass door closed, leaving Classic alone. There were few customers finishing up, leaving him to once more drift back to what he'd been doing. All he had was an hour anyway. It wasn't like something could go wrong, right?