𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Howdy my beloved readers! Works been a struggle, but I persevere. On that note, enjoy another chapter and do leave feedback. Also, below will be a redrawn version of my OC Stranger. Hope you like the art of my character that will make an appearance in a future story I have planned. Yet another DarkHumor story! (P.s. Still in the works of adding color and shading to the image.) <3

Any comments or questions on Stranger, don't be afraid to ask. I love those that are curious about my own works. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had become a sort of habit for Nightmare, to make time to visit the cafe that Classic worked at. Granted, there were often situations that delayed his trips; be that the brother he'd long since abandoned. The same brother that was heading down a separate path than Nightmare. He was a criminal, whereas Dream had achieved his dreams. He'd become part of law enforcement, leaving the two bound to intercept at times and come face to face. It was a sight Nightmare never forgot; the day Dream first met Nightmare during a case. His hesitation had allowed Nightmare the ability to escape; though, he was also aware that wouldn't happen again. Dream valued his job too much.

Which left the current situation a bit unfavorable. He'd been hanging around the Cafe for more than a week, simply having the time of his life. Chatting with Classic, who never seemed to judge. Who listened and offered a kindness that Nightmare wasn't accustomed to. With everything in the past, it was odd that Classic merely grew to become on friendly terms. That said, Nightmare also stood beyond the Cafe, just around the corner peering in. Watching the interaction that never left him in a good mood. How could he be happy when he openly saw the way Dream seemed to chat things up with Classic?

It left him ultimately aware his trip would be postponed, leaving him to turn and head along the back. He normally cut around the back, to avoid attention from being in the open. Granted, he always seemed to draw notice without intending to. Imagine how he felt the moment the backdoor was shoved open, the thick hunk of security slamming into his frame. To put things lightly, Nightmare didn't scar or get hurt very easily; but it never kept humiliation and shock from making an appearance.

"Oh my goodness... Are you alright?" The voice seemed to pull Nightmare from his mind before he spotted the other individual that was close to Classic. Ccino, from what Classic had said. The best friend to Nightmare's previous dark encounter somehow turned sweet.

"I'm fine. You should really take care not to throw your doors open." Ccino gave a short nod, offering a hand that Nightmare; while desiring to refuse, he still ended up accepting. It left him pulled to his feet before he peered around, listening as that voice rose into the silence.

"You're that lad that Classic always serves, right? He never gave a name, so you'll have to excuse the manners. Also, you realize you're walking in an alleyway that no one travels..." Thinking of it, Nightmare was left to sigh in defeat.

"You're absolutely right. It's my mistake. As for a name, just call me... Call me Night."

"Night? It's such a charming name, I'll say. Want to come inside for a bit, so that I can assure you're fine. It's not my hope to get charged with assault in the back of my cafe." Nightmare widened his sockets, rubbing his skull before he nodded. Who was he to refuse. So long as he wasn't in the main area, there wasn't a problem. It left Ccino to guide him, motioning him up the stairs into the second floor kitchen. "Just take a seat there while I grab something, alright?"

"Got it." Nightmare watched as Ccino raced down the stairs once more, leaving Nightmare conflicted on the judgment of the strange individual. Still, if there was one thing he noticed, it was the absurd amount of cats. Granted, a certain black cat seemed to peak his interest as it leapt onto his lap, leaving him to trace his fingers along the fur slowly. Even if he'd never say it aloud, he had to admit, it was nice.

That said, nearly a few minutes later and Nightmare could make out the footsteps that led up the stairwell. Truthfully, he'd expected Ccino, who had left him there. But in turn, saw Classic bound up the stairs with disbelief in his vision. To say the conversation started out swell would be a lie. "You've got some nerve..."

Nightmare lifted his arms in the air, feigning innocence before Classic pulled a chair for himself. He sat with a huff before narrowing his gaze. "How and why did Ccino let you upstairs? Not to mention, I'm told you were lurking in the alley's outback!"

"It's not entirely what it looks like, Classic." There was a silence before Classic leaned back in his chair, folding his arms.

"I'm listening..."

"Well, I was going to come in for a drink via the front, if not for that brother of mine that wants my head on a platter for the police. Look, I chose to come back and made a quick shortcut outback. In turn, Ccino hit me with the door." Classic sighed before rubbing his chin, giving a faint click of his tongue.

"He doesn't know your name, right?"

"It's fine Classic. I told him it was Night, not Nightmare. He's not involved with me, I assure you."

"Good. I'd like to keep it that way. Granted, I also know why he let you in, truthfully." Nightmare widened his sockets, showing he was enthused to hear. It ultimately left Classic with a groan and scowl before his words fell. Man... Did those words weigh quite the heavy load as reality seemed to topple over Nightmare. "Seems Ccino has this idea of playing matchmaking. Since I seemed interested in you, he has this crazy scheme that we're a perfect match. Crazy, ain't it?"

Nightmare felt his mind fall numb as he glanced around, trying to piece together the statement. Crazy? Not really. It would be a lie to say that Nightmare went to the cafe for the coffee. He most definitely went there to chat and be near Classic, but he hid it well, right?

"Nightmare?" Classic voice seemed to shatter his thoughts before he noticed the confusion plastered to that face he'd admired a few times. It ultimately left him to clear his throat, letting his gaze linger elsewhere as his words fell rather empty. So cold and lingering in the silence that was almost suffocating for Nightmare.

"Totally... Totally crazy; that idea is..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~