chapter 1

hi! just wanted to thank anyone who's reading this! i've been thinking about this storyline for a very long time as toge is my all time number 1 favourite character out there <3 hope you enjoy!

word count: 1123
-

"y/n! introduce yourself to the team", a man with bright white hair speaks out long, a blindfold covering his eyes. i'm not going to lie, i already forget what his name is.

i look up from the ground, my feet planted steady on the grass beneath me as i make eye contact with a couple of students. my eye gets caught on a particular 'student', a panda.

"umm... i'm y/fn y/ls... i just moved here from Canada, i'm a second year... so i'm 17", i awkwardly end my introduction with a small laugh.

"here! let me introduce the students to you, y/n", the blindfolded guy speaks.

i'm startled when i hear the panda speak up, "so y/n, has gojo annoyed you enough with the basics of jujutsu tech?"

gojo? ah, that must be his name. before i could even let a word out to answer this...animal... i get completely caught off by gojo himself.

"so that's panda... he's a second year, along with maki zenin-", the girl cuts him off, "ugh, another new one?", her hair was up in a ponytail while a pair of bangs covered her forehead and glasses rested on the bridge of her nose.

gojo ignores her and moves on. "and this is toge inumaki, a cursed speech user", i look at the boy in front of me, soft platinum blonde falling over his eyes with a high collar covering his mouth and the tip of his nose.

i hear a small, "kelp" and tilted my head. what did he just say?

"ah yes, and the three first years... megumi fushiguro, yuji itadori and nobara kugisaki", the tall guy with the dark hair stands there awkwardly, his hand raised a bit as if it were to be a wave. The other two are off arguing about something.

"anyways, lets get you settled in your dorm. you can start training tomorrow", gojo says while taking the lead into the building. tomorrow? already~ ugh so soon.

as i open my mouth to say goodbye, i notice maki is already walking around, panda talking to her while trying to calm her down. and the boy- toge, is just watching them from the sideline. the other trio are all arguing together a few feet away.

this is going to be a weird year.

and with that, i turn away, catching up to gojo to find my dorm.

he mumbles in front of me, "you didn't mention your cursed technique to them?"
-

after gojo leads me to my room, he lets me settle in a bit (only after 30 minutes of him blabbering on about who knows what).

i throw some posters up on the walls and put on a basic black sheet over my bed. i take a step back to admire the room a bit, only to slouch down when i realize how plain and boring it all looks.

i lay on my bed, putting my face into the pillow below me. i take a deep breath as i remember why i'm here in the first place.

-

it all happened when i was about 8 years old. i knew something was wrong when i was able to see curses, however, nobody believed me. i searched everywhere that could make these monsters disappear from my mind. i went to places like churches, only to be turned away. but as i grew older, i no longer feared these curses. i chose to ignore them. that was until i turned 12. i had found out that i, myself, was cursed. it took me some time to figure out what my cursed technique was — 4 years actually... my cursed technique is known as illusion. i am able to create illusions. this helps get extreme cursed energy away from me. however, i have not learned all too much from it still. i know that if i use it for too long, i'll get very dizzy, my illusions become a reality to me.

one day the blindfolded man came up to my house, told me a lot of what i have experience with the cursed energy. he told me everything but his name, as he got carried away quite easily. obviously now i know that it is gojo, and i'm grateful that he brought me here.

-

a few hours go by... as i'm laying in my bed, reading a novel, i hear a knock on my door. i get up to answer it, only to see the ginger girl standing there with her hand on her hip.

"ah... kugisaki, right?" i ask.

"yeah, just call me nobara. gojo told me to get you. he wants the students to uh..." she rubs the back of her neck, "to hangout in yujis dorm tonight".

well that's weird. although everything here is weird... obviously she doesn't want to go.

"oh... do i have to?" i ask.

"of course you do y/n!!!" the blindfolded man pops his head out from the hallway.

"uh... alright", i see why nobara couldn't get out of this.

the three of us walk down to the other side of the building. gojo bursts open yujis door without even knocking. i walk in and see yuji sitting on the floor in a circle with panda and toge.

i tilt my head as i walk in.

"maki isn't even here! and neither is megumi! this is stupid", nobara huffs as she tries to back herself back out of the room.

gojo pushes her back in and shuts the door, yelling from the outside, "i will go get them!"

i stand there awkwardly as i turn the face the trio on the floor. they all look up at nobara and i, nobara walking over and sitting on yujis bed, her arms crossed.

"sorry guys... i don't know what's going on either- he always does this", yuji says.

always? oh god. i sit on the floor beside panda, across from toge.

after about 10 minutes, gojo is pushing megumi through the door.

and another 10 minutes go by, maki appears as well.

"okay guys!" gojo starts. he leans against the wall, "we have just been called to a few missions... i'm going to need some of you to work together. y/n, i know you're still new, but you're going to go with one of the groups for some practice".

i widen my eyes as i realize what's really happening here. a mission? i'm not ready for that... i mean... i don't even know how to control my cursed technique!