Chapter 15. (End)

Alex's POV:
I screamed, pain was rippling down my spine, I could hear the male wolves pounding relentlessly at my door. Heat. I realized. I was going into heat. I remember it happened exactly one year after the rejection, to both the male and female. Basically, we get one year to heal and then you have to move on. One year. My eyes widen in realization. I've been here for six months.

Six months.
Let me explain,

The basterds have kept me for half a year. I roared in pain and rage. The pounding increased, and noises of fighting came from outside the door. Teeth snapping, loud barking, punches, and kicking. I could the sound of smack of muscle against the hard ground. "Mine!" Someone snarled loudly, the door was breaking.

The pain dimmed down to a dull ache, but the fighting noise outside was as loud as ever. My wonderful mate should be going through heat as well right now. Have you never heard of boy heat? Well I love gender equality, and apparently so does the supposed Moon Goddess. His a little bit different. Instead of unmated females flocking towards him, he is on a hunt for another rejected female. Any actually.

For us women, hoards of men flock to us. Which is happening right now. Both genders feel immense pain while this happens. It's on and off. Speaking on and off, I feel the terrible pain racking my body again. There was very loud snarling right outside my door. A male has taken interest in me. Scratch that, his wolf has taken interest in me.

A loud sound hit the door, and it seemed to braking. That sounds like bad news. The pain stopped. BOOM! The door was blasted off the hinges, and clouds of dust went everywhere. One person ran towards me. It was a scent I recognized and my eyes widened.

It was Max! He looked very Alpha-like and had a mate so he wasn't attracted too me. They were rescuing me! I mentally cried in joy. More pain racked me causing me to lose my grip on consciousness. I struggled to say awake, but a loud ringing was in my ears and I slipped into the dark.

When I woke up later, I was in my old room in the pack house. Tanya was in the room, asleep on a chair. "Thanks for saving me." My voice sounded croaky, probably from lack of water. Tanya was startled awake. "You're awake!" She stated the obvious. "Yeah I am." I drank some water from a cup she gave me.

"How are you feeling?" Tanya asked. "Much better, I can go outside now." I started to get back up, but gentle hands pushed me back down. "You can't leave this room, too many unmated males outside." Oh right, the heat. "I don't think heat goes away until I'm at least marked." I sighed.

"No, it should go away in a few days I think. Then it'll come back once a month." Tanya said. I groaned. This was going to be a pain. I wouldn't worry about it now. I already knew I didn't need a mate and I probably wouldn't ever have one. Trust issues. I was alright with that though, I didn't need a mate to define me and I was perfectly happy with my friends.

I could live an entirely happy life with nothing but my loving friends and pack. I planned to do so. The Moon Stone business was strange, but we could worry about that later. I knew that my pack had my back and I had theirs. I had lovely Alphas to look up too. I couldn't ask for better then that. We were a family and would remain that way.

I looked up out the window to see the beautiful day. Birds were chittering and the sun was shining. I looked to my best friend and Alpha. Yes, life could be much worse then this.
~~~~
The end, I know I write terrible endings, but I felt I've been dragging this out far too long. Someday I might write a second adventure about the Moon Stone, but I'm leaving that unresolved for now. Thanks for staying with me and reading my story!

~Foxtail