High School Best Friends

*I'm so sorry this has been so long, I've been busy and writing other stuff but here's this. I ran out of ideas so It's not the best.*

"Shane? Oh my, It's been so long since I've seen you!" You exclaim. You haven't seen your best friend from high school in years. One of your other friends invited you to a small get together and he happened to be there. 

"Y/n? How have you been?" He asks, giving you a hug. 

"I've been good, how about you?" You didn't let go. It's been so long. He smells so good, you think to yourself.

"I've been pretty good, Ryan's here too." You pull away and look around for Ryan but you don't see him. Ryan didn't go to your school, but you were all mutual friends.

"Where? I don't see him," Shane points to an asian guy standing across the room laughing with a girl. "Wow, he's changed so much. Is that his girlfriend?"

"Yeah, you've met her, right?" You shake your head. Shane and you continued to talk for a while, drinking in the kitchen. "Do you remember in sophomore year when that dude--what was his name--oh, Alex ran through the school without a shirt on yelling at the teachers? That was so funny."

"Yes! He had some balls for that. Or when Lexi threw up at the junior assembly?"

"Ooh, she probably hasn't lived that down. You know, how are your parents doing?"

"They're doing good, ona trip in Aruba right now. What about yours?"

"Pretty good, they moved out of that house and they live closer to me now. Hey," he paused. "Would you like to go grab coffee sometime? I'd enjoy it if we kept in touch."

"Yeah, for sure. Here's my number," You gave Shane your number and continued to hang out all night. "Hey, Shane?"

"Yeah, y/n?"

"Could you walk me to my car? I don't like being outside alone at night." You chewed you finger a bit, not realizing. 

"Yeah, of course I can." You both walked outside, the cool breeze hitting your skin like a wave crashing on the shore. You shivered slightly, Shane noticed. "Here."

He took his jacket off and hung it around your shoulders, it smelled like him. A sweet smelling cologne, the kind that stuck in your nose. You smiled, thanking him. It wasn't a long walk to your car, just down the driveway. "Thank you for walking with me, just text me when you're free and we can go get coffee." You smiled and reached for my door handle. Shane grabbed it before you and opened your door. As you got in you thanked him and blushed. You said your goodbyes and Shane shut the door for you and began walking back up the driveway.

At your coffee 'date'

You met Shane at a Starbucks near to the both of you. He bought both of your coffees and lead you to a table. "So how's work been the past couple days?" He asked, starting conversation.

"Same as usual, what about yours? Go on any adventures yet?" You enjoyed watching him and Ryan go to places. Watching Ryan basically shit his pants every episode of supernatural while Shane laughs at him is pretty enjoyable.

"No not yet this week, Ryan didn't feel the best after that party. He's a lightweight and drank quite a bit." The two of you laughed and enjoyed your coffees. Love lives came up breifly but the topic was awkward and there was a weird tension in the air. 

"I haven't really had a girlfriend since high school, just too caught up in my work. I love it, though."

"Yeah, me neither. I mean I was talking to someone for a while, but nothing was ever official. He also ended up having a girlfriend already." He gave you a sympathetic look. You talked for quite a while until he finally walked you out to your car.

"We should do this more often." He smiled.

"Yea, we should." With that, you went seperate ways.