Long Rides

You and Shane were sitting at your house one day after school bored as all get out. You guys had been next door neighbors and best friends pretty much your whole lives. Everyday coming back from school and constantly hanging out with each other. At the moment, you guys were laying on your bed, staring at the ceiling. You let out a deep sigh and turn to Shane.

"I'm so bored." He turned to face you with the same weary, bored expression.

"Me too, what are we going to do in collage? Then we won't have time to do anything. We need to do as much as possible before we're too busy." Ugh, Collage, you thought. You tried to think of things you've wanted to do for a while until you finally thought of one.

"What if we just got in the car and drove? No set destination, just drive." You instantly saw as Shane's eyes lit up, as if there was a light bulb right above your head glowing into his eyes.

"That's not a bad idea. Who's car are we taking?" You both sat and looked out the window at your cars. "My car is bigger so why don't we take mine, I'll drive."

"Sounds good to me. Let me grab some money incase we stop somewhere or need gas." Shane nodded and watched you as you walked over to your dresser and pulled one of the top drawers open. You quickly grabbed fifty bucks and slipped on your shoes, as did Shane. He grabbed his keys and ran out of the front door.

"Wait, Honey! Where are you going?" Your mom called from the kitchen.

"Where ever the road takes us. We'll be back." With that, you both ran out of the house and to Shane's car in his driveway.

"You ready?" Shane asked softly, sending butterflies through your stomach. You had always had a crush on Shane but you held everything back due to him liking other people. He never showed anything other than best friend vibes, which did hurt, but you managed.

"Ready as I'll ever be." You assured him as he backed out of the driveway. You connected your phone to the cars Bluetooth and started playing your guys' favorite playlist.

"Do you want to stop and get Sonic or something?" Shane asked at the end of a song. You nodded and soon you were on your way to Sonic. The time was now eight thirty and the sun was setting. You and Shane found a large field and parked the car, climbing onto the roof of his car. You laid on the roof of his car just staring up at the stars, talking about anything and everything.

"Shane?" He turned his head towards you, immediately making you nervous.

"Yeah, y/n?" You gulped hard, yet silent.

"Shane, can I be honest with you? Even it ruins some things?" He gave you a hesitant look before he nodded.

"Of course you can, but I don't think it'll ruin anything." You took a deep breath and closed your eyes. You were becoming hesitant until you felt his hand on yours. "Are you ok?"

"I like you, Shane. I've been holding it back for a long time." You spit out.

"I know."

"Huh?" You froze.

"I've known for a long time. I try to make you jealous by saying I liked someone else. I guess it finally worked." You cover your face feeling as if you're stupid for making it so obvious. Your hands were covering your face until you felt large hands grip your wrists. It was then, in one swift motion, that you were uncovered. With his sweet lips on your own, you felt amazing. Shane pulled away too early for you so with his hands still on your wrists, you cupped his face and pulled him in again. It was about a thirty second kiss before you both needed air.

"We should probably get back now."

"Good idea." You still didn't know exactly what you and Shane were until the day you both left for collage. When he whispered the sweet words to you: 'Will you be my girlfriend?'.