-𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞-

Are promises meant to be kept under any circumstances? Or is there an exemption to said pledge due to one's emotional and/or moral compass?

________________________________________

Chapters 💿

Trust- Brent Faiyaz
As It Was- Harry Styles

"Do you remember the promise you made to me the day I hired you?" Namjoon asks as the elevator opens to his office.

"Of course," you respond.

You can feel the energy shift as soon as you step into his office. Down in the gym were light-hearted jokes amongst friends/colleagues. Picking at each other just for the fun of it. Nothing to be taken seriously at all but now it was a complete 360.

And that kind of scared you.

When he said he needed to talk to you you weren't the least bit nervous. On the elevator ride, you were completely calm.

But it seemed as soon as the elevator doors opened you stepped into an entirely new vortex.

Not that Namjoon was a particularly scary man, yes he was bigger than you but not scary. He was above you however, you worked for him— he was the one in the position of power.

You didn't know if you've done something wrong and he was going to fire you, or if he was going to scold you for some unknown reason.

You didn't want either to happen of course, but the tone of his voice and the words he'd just spoken has you feeling as if you've broken your promise to him in a way you weren't aware of.

He nods his head up and down hearing you confirm his question as he sits his ass on the edge of his desk right in front of the chair you plopped into.

As you wait for him to speak again a million scenarios play in your mind of how this conversation is about to go.

Is he angry or upset? You don't know. You don't like that either, living in the unknown was something you hated.

You liked calculated and planned things—
surprises were not your cup of tea. If he was going to fire you then he needed to come out and say it because this long waited silence was killing you.

"Do you still abide by that promise?" He questioned once more in a calm yet assertive tone.

"Did I do something wrong?" Questioning in return with a confused expression. He says nothing and just stares at you. If there's something he needs to get off of his chest then he needed to spit it out, your nerves are going crazy in anticipation and you're not about to play the run-around game trying to figure things out.