the fun before the disaster

POV: Wren

I bounced Key on my knee Marlo had gone to the store with May, so I was babysitting a giggling Key and Coda who was pulling my hair softly. I bite my tongue when Key hit my chin lucky I have a high pain tolerance, so I didn't feel it, but I still looked at Key who immediately stopped giggling “daddy I orry nu bes mad ta me” (daddy I'm sorry, don't be mad at me) I sighed and started to bounce him on my knee again how could I be mad at him, yes my mouth tasted like blood, but he was cute and all I ever wanted beside Marlo? Coda tapped me on the shoulder “En” I turned to him “I miss Marie” I poked his cheek and he squeaked like a little cute mouse “she will be home soon” I assumed he was big, but Marlo told me I should ask before saying stuff, so I asked “how old are you right now” Coda shrugged I shook my head and was going to say never mind when Coda's lips went into a shape of an O, and he said “oh I am eight I think” he smiled at that then he crawled off the bed and went over to the play mat. Key pushed his hands in my face “daddy anna lay wifh Coda” (daddy I wanna play with Coda") I rubbed his hair then sat him down on the floor and watched him crawl off to play with his new friend.

************************************

POV: Key

I laid in bed I couldn't sleep with the thought of my father getting out the next month he would try to see me; he would be all nice in front of them, I knew his game. The thing I was about most is what if he let something about our past slip, and then they find out that I am not a sweet person or that my name isn't even Key? What if they find out I was the reason my mom and my sister died? Ugh, I am such a bad person I rolled over in my bed we were back at Marlo's house, so I was again contained in a crib, which is okay besides the fact that I have bad separation anxiety. I let the tears fall out of my eyes and out to the pillow, I wasn't sure yet if I was allowed to cry, so I covered my mouth to keep my sobs silently. Go to sleep…go to sleep damn it I rolled over again and sighed as the familiar rusty metal blood taste came back in my mouth I was biting my lip so hard that it was bleeding great just fucking great I wiped my lip with my sheet then I rolled back over onto my back and shut my eyes go to sleep…sleep….go to sleep I stayed like that with my eyes closed and the thought to sleep until I felt my body do the job and shut down leaving me to sleep.

Can you pretend I'm not ugly and annoying and fall in love with me?

(530 words)