8

C H A P T E R E I G H T

"-Furthermore... I would like to convey my appreciation to Miss Haeun Song for closing the contract that would continuously help the growth of our company. Everyone, please give Haeun a round of applause for her amazing efforts."

I was surprise when the boss mentioned my name all of a sudden.

Our major investors that are currently surrounding the table stood up and gave me their indebted smiles as they clap and I couldn't help but feel sheepish about it.

I willingly bowed to thank them in return.

At this moment, I was hoping Sohyun was around to help me face this crowd. Unfortunately, I was the only one ordered to join the conference meeting with the investors for the latter project.

After a couple of recalls, The boss closes the meeting in a truce. Everyone is delighted and I learn how that contract would bring a wide impact on the sales for the next few months. Although that juncture took turn on my life, I'm still glad of it's reasonable outcome.

"Haeun, are you leaving soon?"

I was grabbing my things from the table when Mr. Eunwoo showed up in our empty department.

The meeting surmised after our office hours, the reason I have to get off late than everyone from work.

"Yes, Sir. Why? Was there a problem?"

Mr. Eunwoo shakes his head as he smiles warmly. He's standing not far from me with his hands inside his pocket. That way- I could see him clearly.

This is the only moment I realize how good-looking he is. For sure, many women flocks around him even for serving only with those eyes.

"I believe I'm still accountable to you, Ms. Song. Would you mind if I could at least take you out for a dinner?- although, I know it's not enough to compensate for your effort."

His question made me stiff.

"I-'m sorry, Sir. But I have to refuse. I don't want to disappoint you, but I already have a scheduled dinner with my kids tonight. They're all waiting for me at home."

I saw the dismay in his eyes yet he quickly covered it with his genuine smile.

"Oh- is that so? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your night. I only want to repay you for what you did."

"I-I apologize Mr. Eunwoo-"

"There's nothing for you to feel sorry Ms. Song. I guess I'll just have to ask next time." He rubs his neck and laughs. "Well then... I wish you enjoy your night, Haeun. Take care on the way home."

With that- he turns around and quickly storms back to his office.

Too bad, I couldn't bid farewell to him. I guess he's stuck with more paperwork like the usual.

I sigh and went straight to the elevator.

When I reach outside the building, I went to the nearest taxi stand and hail for one.

It didn't take that long for me to wait which made me happy.

"To boba shop, please."