[13]

Ken P.O.V

We arrived at our town at 7.30PM in the evening and I sigh in relief knowing my sister won't be suspicious since it's also the time I go out from work usually.

Adonis look at me and smile, "Thanks for helping me, bro.", He then pull me into another hug from the driver seat and I hug him back melting to his body.

"No problem..", I awkwardly said to him and once he pull away he grabs the plastic bag containing foods for that he bought for his mom from the barbeque place we went to and climb out the driver side, I also climb out of the passenger side.

He makes his way to his motorcycle and put on his helmet then ride on his bike. He crank the engine several times until it roars and he turns on the light then turn his bike around and honk at me as he drives away. I waved him off with a small smile watching him leave to the darkest of the pathway. I sit on the hood of my car for a few moments and just stare at the starry sky with my hands in each pocket of my jacket.

Was it just temporary? Am I just an experiment?

That's all I'm asking at the stars above me, sadly they won't offer me a verbal answer but I hope it could make the stars align for the best.

===

"Bro push it deeper, fuck!", Travis moaned out in front of me, he's trying his best but he's struggling as much I do.

"I'm trying! It's too tight.", I exclaimed as I push this rather long rug into Travis not so big car. "Trav, don't you have other car like the SUV?", I sigh in defeat when the rug still sticking up from his trunk and won't budge with the force we applied, the other ends is now touching his dashboard.

He shook his head, "Dad's took the car to his work trip.", He replied. "I hate my dog so much, he's always shit and piss on this rug. I swear the next time I won't put this rug on my bedroom.", He scrunch his nose in disgust. He then try to close the trunk but it's obvious that it can't be close like this, he then sigh in defeat.

"So what are doing now?", I asked him crossing my arms on my chest and he just went to the driver side door and start the engine.

"We're driving with the trunk open.", he sourly said and i don't say anything else afterwards and just climb to the passenger seat and watch Travis putting his car into gear.

"Can you please hold the rug so it won't fly out?", He asked and I sigh then hug the rug like my life depends on it. He looks over and give me puzzled look then continue focus on driving looking ahead to the road.

"Also I've been wanting to ask you this..", Travis randomly said as he makes a left turn from his suburbs.

I raise my eyebrows, "Shoot then.", I boredly said still clutching on the rug between us.

He hums, "So are you and that tattoo guy couples or something?", he wondered. I choke on the air when mentioned that and start coughing uncontrollably. "Shit, ken? You alright?", he sounds worried.

I cleared my throat and grab a bottle of water to take a sip then try to breathe in and out, calming myself. "Why do you ask that?", I skeptically find myself questioning him.

He then shoot me a look, "So it's true then he's your boyfriend?", he assumed.

I immediately shook my head and waved him off, "No no no, he's not my boyfriend.. I- he's my friend.. yeah.", I sound unsure and that's because I really am unsure about my relationship with Adonis. Am I his friends? or he's just using me? I don't really know at this point. He's the master of vaguing his intentions and also poker face.

"That's convincing.", He sarcastically replies rolling his eyes.

I sigh and look over at the road in front of me, "I don't fucking know okay? I don't know if he's just using me or hell even if we're friends.", I confessed as I recall the last time I met him was like ten days ago and we didn't even talk about the things we did on that trip to the prison. He's just acting normal as if he doesn't care at all, that's just making me sad and also pissed off until now.  We also rarely meeting up ever since that happened. I'm trying my best to keep my thoughts clear and clean but I can't help and overthink about it.