Coffee

"Go get me a cup of coffee, Heechul!" A man dressed in a black suit, lazily laying on a sofa said

Heechul was busy finishing his excel document that should be submitted to his boss, and now his annoying manager was putting more stress on him.
"But manager I have a work to due at-" Heechul protested.
"Go!" The manager demanded with his eyes shut. "Go! I need a coffee!"
Heechul rolled his eyes and got up from his chair. He held his anger and went down to the basement to buy a cup of Americano.

"You brat! I don't drink Americano! What the hell?" The manager yelled, then he sprayed the cup of coffee to Heechul.
The coffee was still hot so it just made Heechul very painful as the drops slid from his face, neck and to his arms.

"Sir, you don't need to be so angry right? First, you are thirsty so you should go down on your own! And second, you didn't even mention what you want? Oh god! I'm leaving this place!" Heechul went back to his seat and put all his stuff in the paper box he had prepared already just for this day to come. His hair was still dripping with coffee, and the rest of his colleagues looked at him in awe.

-

This was the third job Heechul had since he graduated from university.

The first time he decided to be a waiter in the restaurant, but he got fired because of his 'all-knowing' attitude, according to his again, manager. The second time he chose to be a librarian at the public library, but he left because he couldn't stand how the 5-year-olds put their boogers in the books he had just put in place. Then, the third one, being fired because of this coffee incident.

-

Heechul poured some alcohol on his wound. He groaned as the alcohol spread on his skin and deepen the red.

"Hey Chullie," His mom entered his room. "How was your day?"
"Bad."
"Ouch. That's sad. I hope you get well with your boss though. I've heard that Macy's son got an offer to become a doctor." She shook her head dramatically with disappointment.
"Mom," Heechul turned to face his mom. "I resigned my job today."
His mom looked at him at shock. She stormed off the room, leaving Heechul staring in the wall.

-

"Chullie hyung?" His brother Kibum phoned him. "I got my Australian university offer!"
"Mom must be proud of you Bummie," Heechul laughed. "She will be lecturing me tonight if she knows this."
"Why?"
"I resigned my job today. Mom's mad, but I expected it anyways."
"..."
"Kibum-ah, I said so. I couldn't stand those bossy managers."
"Hyung, why don't you try to apply for being a police?"
"Why though? In a sudden?"
"My friend got his offer there. I'll send the link to you hyung! You will enjoy it!"

Kibum ended the call before Heechul could realise.  Not even after a minute, Heechul received a link from his brother. He tapped on the link, it said:

Apply for the police! You only need to take the general exam and you are ready to go!

*********

Author's notes:

Thank you for reading this chapter. English isn't my first language - it's my third - so I hope you understood and enjoyed your chapter! This fanfiction LIVE is an appreciation to the Korean drama LIVE (2018) and part of the plot will be adapted from the drama. LIVE as immediate, up to date, but also means surviving. This is my very first long fanfiction and I will be contributing it to the Super Junior ship Teukchul (Leeteuk X Heechul). You might have wondered why since you may have seen my profile that obviously I am a Kyuteuk shipper - yes, my ultimate ship is Kyuteuk (Kyuhyun X Leeteuk). However, I've already thought of this story way before I like Kyuteuk and it just screams weird whenever I assume Kyuteuk as the main ship in this fanfiction (I have stan Kyuteuk for 2 years so this story is older than that :p). I guess it's just because Teukchul suits it more. But don't worry, this story is interesting to all of my readers, whether you stan Super Junior or not. You might have watched LIVE before then this fanfiction might be more interesting for you. If you are new to Korean names, it might be hard to recognise the characters but I promise it won't be tough. To my fellow ELFs, Teukchul won't be appearing in the first few chapters though, it will be mostly Wookchul friendship and Kyuteuk brothership. Anyways, I think I should just shut up or else my notes would be way longer than the story :D. Enjoy reading! <3

If you would like to read a short, aesthetic, finished Kyuteuk fanfiction, please go check out "Moon Of Seoul" from my profile.