Made

It didn't take long for Heechul to fully revise his notes and passed the general exam

It didn't take long for Heechul to fully revise his notes and passed the general exam. Heechul wasn't good at academics, but he was very clever that he could always find ways to help him remember.

And Heechul wasn't sociable, and he hated that. He could be crazy, open-minded and sometimes cheeky, but he was never extroverted. So the first thing Heechul came to mind after knowing that he had to attend the police trainee course was - how to make friends.

-

Heechul thought it wasn't a good idea.

He didn't expect to have those training at first. He didn't know he had to wake up at 5, join the morning run till 9, then just more and more trainings until the clock ticked 12. All he could was to regret of picking to be a

Police.

So he met this guy called Ryeowook, his full name Kim Ryeowook. He wasn't interested in this short, noisy guy at first, and mostly he couldn't disagree with the fact that he actually questioned if this guy could be a police at the first time he saw him, but they got paired up as roommates because of having the same surname.

Ryeowook was actually very cute. He had a very sweet voice and he always got a box of vitamins with himself. He would patiently explain how the vitamins worked and purposefully recommended Heechul to have some.

"Ah, no thanks." Heechul scratched his head with a fake smile. "I'm not used to taking this kind of stuffs."
"Okay," Ryeowook smiled. "I thought you didn't have enough energy today. I saw you being scolded by mentor Lee. But no worries," he continued. "You didn't look bad. I swear."

Heechul blushed as he recalled his memory. That mentor Lee was a bastard, what he only did was to scold his trainees for not being good enough. Frankly speaking, who could be a perfect trainee on his first day?

"I didn't like him." Heechul murmured. "I cannot stand perfectionists."
"I don't think he is one," Ryeowook zipped up his jacket. "He is just strict. I don't think he is a bad guy though."
"Really?" Heechul questioned as he left his room with Ryeowook.

"Today is going to be another bad day."

-

"Today, I hope to see you succeed during our practice. The exercise is to improve your self-protecting skills. I'll be hitting you with this plastic stick and you shouldn't fall down to train your strength." The mentor held out a 6-inch bat.

What kind of dumb practice is this? Heechul rolled his eyes.

Just before Heechul could figure out what happened, he was hit by a strong and unknown force which slammed him on the floor.

"Ouch! My face!" Heechul cried.
"Number 710 Kim Heechul! You again? Can't you pay more attention?! Oh my god! You will be instantly killed if you are at a crime scene!! Can you be more serious?! It's not for fun here. How old are you?!"
"Tw-twenty two years old," Heechul shook. "I was born in 1983, m-mentor."
"Tsk. We have the same age!" The mentor exclaimed with a sarcastic tone. "There are tons of people here who are younger than you. Can you be more observant?! Can you stay more focused?! I can but only see you daydream here and there! I warn you, you have one more chance only," he stared closely at Heechul. "If you do this again, I'm firing you way before you can become a police."
Heechul nodded, his lips still trembling.

The intense trainings lasted for about three months. There were hard trainings, like running up the hill, and down again for five times in a day, or entering a room filled with toxic, smelly chemical gases. There were also weird trainings too, such as being hit by raw eggs - because Korean protestors tended to throw eggs to the police.

Heechul thought he wouldn't make it, but his desire to bring hope to his family overwhelmed the tiredness he could feel. His brother Kibum needed money for his college expenditure, his mother was sick and could not work, his father died.

The trainings were like hell, until the day Heechul finally got admitted to be a police.

I finally can escape this hell. Heechul thought.

I made it.