Chapter 9

"I fell in love the way that you fall asleep: slowly then all at once
- John Green
~~~~~~~~~

"There's a child here... Shes lonely... So very lonely..." The woman whispers dramatically, glancing round the room,

I'm trying not to laugh.

The 'psychic' is Adele's latest attempt to contact me.

The psychic, or Gypsy Rose as she calls herself, has made a big show of lighting candles and pretending to faint in various rooms around the house. Adele has watched her open mouthed.

I smile as I watch her; her naivety is adorable.

"The child was murdered here 50 years ago!" She proclaims dramatically.

I roll my eyes.

I'm fairly certain I would have remembered a child being murdered in the house.

I'm sure 'Gypsy Rose' would have a heart attack if she knew there was an actual ghost sat two feet away from her.

"But... It was a man I saw in the mirror!" Adele frowns.

Rose looks annoyed at this interruption, she was obviously enjoying herself enormously. I can see that she's thinking quickly.

"He was the murderer!"

Excuse me?!? Cheeky bitch

"He didn't look like a murderer to me." Adele looks skeptical and I laugh quietly.

"He wants to get you on his side... Don't be fooled! He's malevolent... He means you harm!" She clutches her shawl, looking round the room wide eyed.

Even Adele rolls her eyes this time.

~~~~~~~~

Adele closes the front door behind Gypsy Rose and leans her back against it.

"You know..." She says, looking around exasperatedly. "You could just make this easy for me. I know that you can see all this."

I laugh quietly.

I'm stood so close that I can hear her soft breathing. She raises her head and I watch the way the light illuminates her hair and her blue eyes glow.

She pauses.

"You're here now aren't you?" She whispers.

I'm step forwards, so that I'm closer to her than I've ever dared get before. I watch her full lips open in a soft gasp and I know she's aware of it, she feels the cold air emanating from me.

I wish it was different... I wish I could make her feel as warm as she makes me feel inside.

I stand for a minute, feeling her warm breath on my face. She's completely calm. Although she doesn't know it she's looking right into my eyes.

If only this was real... If only we were stood like this and she could see me, I could touch her face and-

Suddenly a little angel ornament on the shelf next to us begins to shake violently. I ignore it for a second until he gets really annoyed and it falls off the shelf altogether. Adele jumps.

I step back with a sigh.

Okay Harry, I know, I know! I get the message

~~~~~~~~~

The estate agent, Zayn, is sat in the living room with his girlfriend, Perrie, he's holding her hand and they keep smiling at each other. She's absolutely beautiful but she can't hold a candle to Adele.