❥ 𝐎𝐍𝐄

SOMETHING WAS MISSING

❥ ❝𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐎❞

═ ∘♡༉∘ ═

warnings:
mentions of dead parents,
injuries/blood, curses

SHE NEVER UNDERSTOOD WHY OR HOW SHE SAW THOSE THINGS the monsters she called them.

Sayuri was an orphan, who had sorcerer parents.

She knew the things attacking her at the moment were the monsters responsible for her parents' sudden demise. Her parents were very open about these "monsters". Telling her that their job was very dangerous due to said beings, of course being so young, Sayuri didn't understand the level of importance until the last moment.

She'd just ran away from the group home she had been staying in for the past 10 months.

Not even knowing the building she was running through was flooding out with curses she couldn't see until she was attacked. Curled into a ball, hiding in a dark corner on the third floor, bound to be found, she was injured and didn't even know how she was still alive due to the blood she knew she was losing.

A surge of energy shocked her after feeling she was close to getting caught so she got back up and continued running. Hyperventilating and sobbing out for help, Sayuri knew she'd die from the curses swarming the area or her asthma that was messing up due to the environment.

All she had to do was make it out. That's it. The monster's would leave her alone if she was away from their territory, right? She knew she was close to getting out but it felt like she was just running in circles, then when she was just making it, the hallways were growing longer and longer.

It was endless jumping, sliding to make corners, dodging, and dipping while trying to make sure she wasn't losing too much blood or anything in her bookbag. She saw an open door after reaching downstairs again.

Just a little bit more running and she was there. It was like the door was glowing. If she got out, she'd level up, that's how it felt. She just told herself it was a game and if she won the game by surviving then she'd be rewarded.

She leaped out the door, but instantly tumbled down the stairs that accompanied that exit. It wasn't nothing compared to what she just endured, yet she couldn't get up with her ankle feeling sprained.

She crawled into the bushes and looked up, it was almost as if those curses were flooding out of the building to get her. Sayuri just shut her eyes and covered her ears to drown out the noises the curses made, back into a curled up position. This was it?